Just a Pipe - What Do I Really Want?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by RTOdhner, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozark Nick

Ozark Nick Member

I just now stumbled upon this thread and I have to say that my thoughts are very nearly the same.

I was compiling a list of blends I was thinking about buying as a Christmas present to myself, but at the end of it all I decided I just wanted Carter Hall.

I like something a little spicy as a treat very occasionally. I had been having Shortcut to Mushrooms, but I'm beginning to think it's just too sweet for me. Your talking about Walnut got me thinking about it again. It's been more than a year since I last tried it, but I remember liking it very much. I think I'll have to order some soon.

RTOdhner likes this.
  2. JRobert

JRobert Hermit Forum Guide

RTO's first post should be required readingg for new pipe smokers. It is the very essence of "smoke what you like, and like what you smoke." And then they should read Ozark Nick's post right above mine. The more blends I try, the more I like the ones I have I really like.

RTOdhner likes this.
  3. Bear84

Bear84 Member

I'm a Carter Hall guy for about 2/3 of my smokes. From there I like some variety. Some evenings I go for a nice bowl of Shortcut, or Dark English Full. I may even hit the Mississippi Mud if I'm feeling it.
    I look at it like many other things, the reason some things are special is because you don't experience them all day everyday.

RTOdhner and DGErwin11 like this.
  4. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I completely agree. I find RTO's posts to be very insightful, good reading.

RTOdhner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.