Just a random thought on C&D...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Mike Berger, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Berger

Mike Berger Member

I wanted to go ahead and post an IMHO type of thing...so far I've tried 2 C&D blends (Tuskegee Airmen and First Responder) and I must just say, I appreciate them taking time and making what seems to be an extra effort to produce something worthy of being called a "tribute".

Now many folks might not understand or think very highly of a tobacco blend being made as a tribute to something, but after learning as I have over the past 2 months what it takes to create something a.) original and b.) good, I don't think blending is a particularly easy trade to ply when just creating something as a normal, everyday product. Creating a commemorative blend must be a difficult, time consuming process and I think C&D are very, very good at it.

The First Responder is a Toby of the Month and I've decided that I have to have at least two bowls before I attempt a review so that is forthcoming, but I can say this already - this stuff is fantastic!

Just a thought...wanted to share..hope everyone is having a great Friday...

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Tribute / First Responder is a wonderful leaf and ages extremely well. Seems like each time I pull out a wad of Tribute to smoke, it seems to keep getting better or at least as good as I remembered it was before.

Wasn't the original Tribute blended by GLP and tinned by C&D? Or was it reverse?

Ed
    Puff

3. Capt

Capt Active Member

You got it right. It was a Pease blend tinned by C&D, with all proceeds going to The Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund.

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I'd been working at Walter Reed (night shift O.R. Charge RN) and was coming home that morning when the "fit was hitting the shan". Felt horrible. From then on, nightshift at Wally World was never the same. We originally got wounded in during the dayshift as the war broke out but the press/media was too much for these wounded heroes coming in to us so the flights to Andrews AFB and big white buses from Andrews to Wally World came at night. Used to see the buses come in on my way into work. When I'd see two buses, I knew we were gonna be jumpin'.

At the time, I was on the MacBaren's pipe forum and found out about Tribute then, so I sent off my TAD order one night while at work. Glad Tribute survived as First Responder. Unfortunately, for the fallen, only the memory and family survives them. Got a tear in my eyes just thinking about the day's events.

Ed
    Puff

Beale likes this.
  5. Beale

Beale Active Member

I have yet to try this blend? I see it is a Va Per? If I like Escudo would i like this? I did not like GAF? Beale.

6. Mike Berger

Mike Berger Member

You are ahead of me Beale...haven't yet tried the Escudo...I DID want to thank the good folk at C&D for being good at what they do though...

Beale likes this.
  7. Beale

Beale Active Member

Mike I apologize I did not mean to step on a great thread! I agree with you. I thank them also!

Sometimes my typing gets ahead of my thinking, Beale.

8. Mike Berger

Mike Berger Member

Not at all man! What I meant was I really WANT to try the Escudo, just haven't been able to yet! :)

Don't worry about the thread, I wasn't trying to hush you up or anything, I'm glad this started some good convo!

Beale likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.