1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got my butt kicked!!!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Rewster66, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

First bowl I ever smoked of Irish Oak, loaded it up in a cob sit back with a glass of tea and began to sip. Bowl warmed up and the flavors started coming on and I was throughly enjoying the whole experience and before I knew what happened this stuff clobbered me. I was not expecting such a strong nicotene hit. This is good stuff, very flavorful and I like it a lot - just was'nt expecting so much nicotene. I am more of a wimp than I initially thought. :beyes: I got this from a fellow forum member and it was a sealed tin from 1999.
    Anybody else have any experience with this blend.......... good or bad? God Bless!!! Ray

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I have an unopened tin from 2004 I found in a B&M, but have not opened it yet. Glad to hear the flavor is great.

3. idiotbox37

idiotbox37 Member

did it hit you in a good way or a "i need to lay down" way? haha

4. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

"I need to lay down" way. :confused:

5. WillH

WillH Active Member

Whoa! That sounds serious! Should you be smoking tobacco....I mean, if I had that kind problems with ole' nic I'd seriously consider another hobby that didn't include tobacco.:bing:

Will

6. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Irish Oak is one of my favorites, but you're right - it does have a good dose of Vitamin N in it.

7. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

The only other tobacco that has hit me that hard is Tambolaka. But it's good stuff too.

8. RTOdhner

Haven't tried Tambolaka. What kind of blend is it?

9. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Seems like Peterson blends are pretty reliably hard hitters.

10. RTOdhner

The Sherlock Holmes is pretty light on the Nic, but it is also pretty good.

11. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

12. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Kiowapipe likes this.
  13. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

The pipe in your avatar is probably not the one you want to use for smoking heavy nic blends! :D

Rewster66 and Longbottom Leaf like this.
  14. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

As a on again off again cig smoker.. I might have to try the Irish Oak..maybe it will help me kick the habit for good.

15. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

A pipesmoking friend of mine decided to quit cigs a year ago. He did it by carrying a cob filled with a high nic blend and firing it up for just a few minutes at a time, whenever he felt a nicotine fix necessary. It took him a couple of months but no cigs since then.

Maybe several shorter smokes rather than a few longer ones?

IrishRover likes this.
  16. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Sounds like a good idea! I will give it a try. Right now I've got the patch on, it's just keeping me at the edge of the craving for a cig...

17. Longbottom Leaf

Longbottom Leaf Member

My thoughts exactly!

I really enjoy pipe smoking and have been experimenting with the hard stuff. What I noticed is that every time I get a nic buzz from the pipe it's a different feeling. I smoked Irish flake for the first time last week and had the strangest feeling in the world, but it was a good feeling like the saying, giddy as a school girl. Then the second bowl I felt absolutely nothing, and then the third bowl last night where I smoked extremely slow and had no feeling of nic whatsoever, when I was done I went back inside and WHAM!!! I turned green and got the cold sweats :beyes:.

May be it won't hit you as hard next time?

18. idiotbox37

idiotbox37 Member

hehe, i need to pick up something strong for a buddy of mine. i doubt he'll smoke the dirty diaper that is Tambolaka. maybe i should get him some irish oak.

19. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Your right for sure! A fella could smoke that full of 1Q and have a nicotene overdose!:beyes:

20. Max Gunner

Max Gunner Member

Where is Tambolaka available? I thought I'd seen it listed somewhere online, but I can't find it now. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.