1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Just Grabbed Some H&H Virginia Spice and Anniversary Kake

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Dunhill93, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunhill93

Dunhill93 Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I just grabbed some Virginia Spice and Anniversary Kake, how are these baccy's. I went to tobacco reviews.com and they got some pretty solid ratings for VAPer's but I want to hear from some of you guys experiences. And also does the bulk edition of Virginia Spice have cigar leaf in it or just the tin version only?
  2. MarkinCA

MarkinCA Member

Oct 17, 2009
    I've only had the H&H Anni Kake and really enjoy this blend. I usually smoke it in my Boswell Billiard and pack it in really good. It has a great dense aroma through the nose of what may be considered sweet plum/fig and some spice. I think the blend really shines half way down the bowl to conclusion...

Haven't had the H&H Virginia Spice (but am looking forward to trying some soon) and here' some info off the Pipes & Cigar web site: "For the pipe smoker who really enjoys the clean, sweet spiciness of a mixture of matured Virginias, but who wants something a little different. The difference comes from the use of cool-smoking Perique for a bit of plum and pepper." Di
  3. KMahoney

KMahoney Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I'm a new pipe smoker just starting early this year but am really into VaPers. The two you mentioned are 2 of the first pipe tobaccos I ever tried and still keep going back to Virginia Spice over and over for that dark fig funky flavor. I need to try Anny Kake again. I know I liked it but I never re-ordered it when I bought another 8 ounce tin of VS.
    For reference I have open tins and jars of the following at the moment: GAF, Triple Play, McC St. James Woods, Night Train, Bayou Morning, Hal o' the Wynd, Rolondo's Own, AJ's VaPer, that's all I can think of at the moment without looking but I have also smoked more than this.

I like how the different blenders all kind of have a certain flavor associated with their blends and the H&H blends are some I really like. I see it as follows
    H&H - dark fig, kind of dank sour flavor
    C&D - Hard to describe but it has a raw Virginia flavor with a spicy Perique. When I saw raw I mean that when compared to C&D all other VaPers taste treated. Not that they are, just that C&D is completely absent of this sensation.
    Escudo and HOtW both give me the same cinnamon/spice taste/sensation. It's weird but I definitely get cinnamon and some other spice when smoking these.
    McClelland - vinegar funky taste. Yes smells like BBQ sauce but tastes like vinegar. Still like it though I usually mix it with C&D to get notes of each.

I couldn't pick an H&H blend over a C&D blend because it depends what mood I am in when I want to smoke but I can rank tobaccos within a categorization based on blenders and VS is my favorite from H&H.
  4. phinz

phinz Active Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Anni Kake is my desert island blend.
  5. mattia76

mattia76 Sales Account

Apr 11, 2012
    Anniversary Kake was my first go-to smoke. Couldn't get enough of it for 2 years running. Went through 2 lbs or more.

Then, all of the sudden, it didn't agree with me. Couldn't get any of the sweetness or creamy fullness to break through.
    BUT, I'm happy to report that I had a bowl on the way to pipe club last night and it was BACK! Planning more bowls as we speak.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.