1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Just like new

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Hugepom, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hugepom

Hugepom Member

I mailed out five pipes to Norwood's Pipe Repair last Monday and they're already done and back in my hands. A couple of them I was considering putting up on eBay because I thought I'd never use them, but after getting them back, not a chance. I wish I could smoke them all at the same time. My only problem is that I think its going to take me too long to get to try them all out. I realize its not brain surgery, but the turn around time on my shipment was ridiculous. I figured I would be without them for at least a couple weeks. A brand new stem on the Sav and a general refurb, ream & clean of everything else is just what my little beginner's collection needed.

Here's a couple pics of the pipes I had cleaned up...

[​IMG]

and the collection as a whole...

[​IMG]

Professor and jdto like this.
  2. Hugepom

Hugepom Member

Here's some close ups. I'm not a photographer, so take it easy on me.

The Savinelli and its new stem
    [​IMG]

An old Kaywoodie I picked up at an antique flea market
    [​IMG]

A Duncan Hill Aerosphere from eBay
    [​IMG]

An old Smoker's Pride
    [​IMG]

And another eBay, a Wm Wales Grecian
    [​IMG]

Nothing very fancy here, but its a start...

3. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

Good to hear. I know in there have been a few people whose experience with Floyd wasn't satisfactory, but I am with you, the turnaround time was quick and at least on my pipe, he did a great job. Your collection looks great!

4. Svart

Svart Member

I never knew that Smoker's pride produced pipes

5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Good to hear! I've got 3 meerschaums boxed up for Floyd - just need to get to a post office. :)

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I used Norwoods when I had the shop . His work is always very fine and the selection of material you can choose from is great !

7. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Some sweet rotation there! Yeah, Floyd & his bride do stellar work. I use them any time I hit something I can't handle...especially with my meers. Smoke them in good health!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.