1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Just my luck!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Vaquero, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

Well I haven't been on much lately, after the baby was born. But El_Guero whom many of you know is down here in Mexico visiting and he stopped by my house yesterday with a treasure trove of goodies for me. It isn't easy getting good baccy down here, and El Guero brought me a good little supply:
    Dunhill Flake
    G.L. Pease telegraph Hill
    Dunhill Mixture 965
    A small mason jar with some Tambolaka... stuff smells crazy strong.
    A used meer.
    Pics to come. This may sound like a pretty small haul for you guys who have it easy buying online and getting cheap, fast shipping, but for those of us in others countries where good tobacco is scarce and buying online is just as expensive (because of shipping), having a friend bring it to your door is like a beacon of light on a dark night to a sailor whose long ran out of his favorite blend. So, Thanks El_Guero and to all of those who generously share the wealth.

EmperorGix, NoRm, Spillproof and 2 others like this.
  2. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Cant wait to see the pics... I've had and really enjoy the My Mixture 965.. bet you will to.. Happy smoking!

3. Waino

Waino Active Member

Congratulations! I have three children and believe me, someday they sleep at nights and you have time enough to your hobbies.

Our government has decided to develop a totally smokefree area and that means: whole country. But they have not succeeded yet. We just got a new president, and he smokes occasionally.

Taxes in Scandinavia are enormous because some people are have to work hard and some are eating meals too. Luckily EU is nowadays a common market. If taxes are paid to one country, I pay only local price and shipping. Germany and UK are best bets.

Vaquero likes this.
  4. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Wow.. that's so cool that El_Guero stopped by. Congratulations....
    That's the cool thing about the boards and the pipe community being Interantional and friendly. Pipe smokers rock!!

5. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Very nice of El G and congrats!
    (I wonder if El G is coming to Michigan soon. heh JK!)
    :toast:

6. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Do you have to pay heavy duties on tobacco shipped to Mexico?

7. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Man, that is awesome! He picked some good ones for you. Enjoy, and good on you both! :gjob:

8. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

Let me just put it this way: a 1.5oz pouch of Borkum Riff will cost you between 20 and 30 dollars. I just saw a 7 oz. tin of the same stuff on pipesandcigars.com on sale for $19 bucks. Pics to come, honest!

9. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

That is awesome good on him for helping you out. What a great fella.

Vaquero likes this.
  10. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Darkly likes this.
  11. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

Apparently the meer is one that Jeebs sent him as an extra, and he graciously passed it on to myself. Excited to try it out once I get the chance. Only thing I have smoked so far is the Sir Walter Raleigh and as expected, is a great blend. Nice silvery wisps of cool smoke, nutty flavor reminded me of walking into a Civil War history museum or something. The tambolaka is what has me scared, gonna work my way up to it. I won't open the tins until I finish off a few of the ones I already had open before Guero came. He is a great guy, we got to know eachother back in Alaska and our friendship has continued while he lived here and now while I remain. Heck, this whole forum is full of great guys! Band of Brothers is what I say it is.

Darkly likes this.
  12. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Very nice of El G and congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.