Just ordered a MM grab bag...

Discussion in 'Corn Cob Pipes' started by BuffaloPiper, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hofnar

Hofnar Member

Well, they shipped (and ship) to Sweden. I ordered via their website, payed via PayPal and MM sent the bag by mail. I had to pay a few bucks for postage and got my bag within a week. The swedish authorities did´nt charge neither VAT nor anything else (possibly due to it beeing summer and noone is working much here then). My second bag is due to arrive some day this week. Maybe tomorrow?

2. Hofnar

Hofnar Member

Got my second grab bag today. It contained one Country Gentleman (straight), four Legend (3 bent, 1 straight), one Washington (straight, two Missouri Pride (straight) , one Mizzou (bent) and one Ozark (bent). The CG is, as far as I ca see, in perfect condition (!) and only two pipes are definitely seconds, the straight Legend and the Washington but that´s OK as I can use them for my cobfoolery project.

Aristocob and Dimik like this.
  3. mockturtle

mockturtle Member

I ordered a grab bag on Tuesday, received it yesterday (Thursday)...super fast shipping. They all look very smokable. I'll be taking several to Chicago to help celebrate a friend's wedding. But I'll definitely be keeping the General.

From the top down, bowls facing left first then right:
    Mini - 1, General - 1, Eaton - 1, Missouri Pride - 1, ? - 2, Washington - 1, Legend - 4

[​IMG]

I'm not sure what the two on the bottom left are. Maybe they were meant for another style (Freehand, Patriot) but didn't meet the criteria? Does anyone know?

bubbagump, Johnny Dingo and sonarman like this.
  4. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

The two on the bottom left (and I am very happy to see them) are a Legend (top) and a Washington (bottom). They are the "Rob Roy" shape...my favorite MM shape. After a few years absence, MM is starting to make them again. I think im gunna order a grab bag in the next few weeks...If I got the same as you, I would be beyond happy...

mockturtle likes this.
  5. Dimik

Dimik Active Member

That's a great haul! Sweet pipes!
    Makes me wanna buy another bag. Enjoy them.

6. mockturtle

mockturtle Member

Coda, thanks for the info. I like the shape a lot...feels natural in the hand. They are definitely keepers.

7. Hofnar

Hofnar Member

I got two Rob Roy-shaped Legends in my latest grab bag. Nice cobs!

8. michiganlover

michiganlover Active Member

Here are a couple of vintage Rob Roys, for your viewing pleasure:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bubbagump, mecompco and Basil Meadows like this.
  9. Aristocob

Aristocob Member

The "Rob Roy" shape is the tapered bowl, so only one of these beauties is a Rob Roy. Nice pipes. Scott

10. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Cool looking cobs!

11. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

I just got one of these grab bags, and for the life of me I cannot see why these are seconds. The pipes are beautiful, and I've been having fun sanding and staining them different colors.

Dimik likes this.
  12. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

It's funny because my cobs are my #1 work-horse, though I enjoy giving each and every one of my briers their due attention when it comes to be their turn~~~~I find that I am enjoying a cob more frequently than a brier. I'm not sure if it's because I smoke what I smoke which is pretty much exclusively straight va's, va/per's & burley~....with the occasional boutique foo foo tin, but that'll go in a brier. I've found out but not realized until now that no-nonsense weeds go swimmingly in a cob. Been pipe smoking 11 years now & I've yet to put a latakia blend or oriental in a cob, haven't had an aromatic in 5 yrs, lol, which is odd because I just realized that. No nonsense & simple in something that's no-nonsense & simple. One of the few things the universe got right on its first try ;)

Dimik likes this.
  13. phatdaddynxn

phatdaddynxn Member

ok, im in. payday is a commin and i think im gonna get me a grab bag.

mecompco, Smokey Tom and Dimik like this.
  14. Hofnar

Hofnar Member

So, has anyone ordered a grab bag lately? I still have some virgin cobs and I´ve given some away (to spread the gospel up here in the North) so there´s really no need (need?) for me to order another but I can´t help beeing curious about what I may be missing...

15. wooda2008

wooda2008 Member

I have abstained, since I have yet to craft a good enough argument for SWMBO.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  16. Dimik

Dimik Active Member

I think of that all the time, but do I really need more?!

17. Newbaccy

Newbaccy Member

Do they still sell a grab bag? I looked at the website and didn't find it.

18. JRobert

JRobert Hermit Forum Guide

19. Newbaccy

Newbaccy Member

In the reviews someone said they got a freehand

20. Wideawake75

Wideawake75 Member

Just ordered mine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.