Just placed a pretty nice order..........

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by David L, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David L

David L Member

Just ordered some tobaccos I've been recommended, mostly from you all on here :thumb:

Anyway here's the lineup:

Merde de Cheval 1.5oz

McClelland Special: Anniversary 100g

Chelsea Morning 2oz

Collector: 3 Oaks Syrian 50g

Pembroke 2oz

Presbyterian Mixture 50g

I really like the English blends (as you can see). That's all I'm going to order for now, but I will probably post my thoughts about them as I try them.

One question though, how long will these last before drying out if I open them.....or should I smoke one tin at a time. Thoughts? Thanks again (as usual) for all the advice you all have to give! :thankyou:

2. pottsy

pottsy Member

Get mason jars, move the baccy to the jars after you open it, then you don't have to wait to try the new blends.

Also, order more Presbyterian, one tin isn't enough. Lol.

3. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

I have yet to try any of those. Really wanna try the Presbyterian and 3 oaks Syrian. Let us know what you think.

4. David L

David L Member

I asked about the jars in an earlier thread and I have some of mine in mason jars, but I wasn't sure how long they would stay fresh if I kept opening them......

I hope you are right about the Presbyterian....I've heard a lot of good stuff about it! :yes:

5. pottsy

pottsy Member

Once in the jars, you are good to go for a long time.

Presby is one of my favorites for sure.

6. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Member

And down the rabbit hole you go! Heh, TAD is a beotch.

Like most, mason jars are your friend. If you are like me, it's impossible to let new baccy that you haven't tried just sit there, so open them, and put them into jars and label them. They'll be fine with being opened and closed. Just make sure you get canning jars that have a rubber seal on them so they seal completely when closed.

7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I find the McClelland type tins with the plastic lid do a good job of moisture retention, and the twist-top tins are usually not bad, but not great. I'd say 3 months in tins or a year in the plastic lidded ones.

8. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

If you keep your tins in the refrigerator, they'll last much longer. Moisture has trouble evaporating when it's cold. Keep 'em in a bottom "greens" compartment.

9. woodbutcher

woodbutcher Member

Also it depends on the humidity where you live.
    During the three "monsoon" months (here in Phoenix) I can leave tobacco in the tin for the full time without problem. The rest of the year, it dries out faster than the time it takes to transfer it from tin to jar.
    Jars are definitely the safest route.
    Dan

10. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Minus points for no RRR. Just
    kidding, David! Enjoy those
    blends.

dp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.