1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Just purchased a new Peterson

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by nitehawk, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitehawk

nitehawk Fearless Leader

Thanks b-man....you're right, the Peterson 999 and the 80s are quite similar, as I was considering both as well.

2. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

She is a beaut nitehawk. Im very soft on that peterson shape myself.. i have had the square stem one on second place on my list for about a year now.. it has finally made first place and will be warm and comfy in my box'o'pipes shortly ;) Oc.. i got a couple purchases pending.. but after that ;)

3. WillH

WillH Active Member

Yes! Very nice! You did well! Wish mine had the little touch of silver - but they don't!

Enjoy! BTW, I think they were made for a single flake of University Flake!:)

Will

4. nitehawk

nitehawk Fearless Leader

D - yes, the siren call of Peterson......buy me....buy me....must keep money in wallet, ignore voices in head......lol
    Will....I don't have any U-Flake (I've heard it's a good smoke)...but, I do have MacBarens Navy Flake, so I'll try a single flake of that. And I do love that struck band, kinda draws your attention to the pipe.....thanks

5. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Can't go wrong with the Navy Flake. Enjoy!

6. Marc

Marc Active Member

Nice shape, enjoy!

7. Blue

Blue Member

A thing of beauty!

8. nitehawk

nitehawk Fearless Leader

Thanks for your comments Marc & Blue, always appreciated.

9. The Dane

The Dane Member

I think that your new Peterson will make you a very happy man. I bought my first a couple of months ago, and two more later on, they smoke wonderfully. I'm now a Peterson-fan
    Pleasant smoke

10. nitehawk

nitehawk Fearless Leader

Dane....I know what you mean, as I'm already feeling the urge to purchase another. I bought my first one, the rustic "barrel" model ($56), about 3 months ago, so this is my second one. I was hoping it would be here today, was sent USPS Priority Mail, but the tracking shows it somehow was mis-routed. Hopefully tommorrow.

11. The Dane

The Dane Member

Hi Nitehawk. Started with Rusticated System 314 but unfortunatly it came with P-Lip wich burned the top of my mouth like h... then i I bought a replacement fishtail mouthpiece and it worked wonders. The next one was a Donegal Rocky 999, it looks a little clumbsy but smokes like a dream. by the way what tobacco do you prefer? My favourate at the moment is W.Ø.Larsen Navy Flake but I'm also in the middle of a tin of Rattray's Professional Mixture

12. nitehawk

nitehawk Fearless Leader

Hey Dane....and welcome to the club. My favorite smoke is MacBarens Navy Flake, also working on a tin of GL Pease Union Square, which is Virginia Flake. I'll have to try the Larsen Navy Flake, and see how it compares to MacBarens. LOL....I did a little research, before I bought my first Peterson, so I know to always get a Peterson with a fishtail stem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.