1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Just purchased a new Peterson

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by nitehawk, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

Thanks b-man....you're right, the Peterson 999 and the 80s are quite similar, as I was considering both as well.

2. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

She is a beaut nitehawk. Im very soft on that peterson shape myself.. i have had the square stem one on second place on my list for about a year now.. it has finally made first place and will be warm and comfy in my box'o'pipes shortly ;) Oc.. i got a couple purchases pending.. but after that ;)

3. WillH

WillH Active Member

Yes! Very nice! You did well! Wish mine had the little touch of silver - but they don't!

Enjoy! BTW, I think they were made for a single flake of University Flake!:)

Will

4. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

D - yes, the siren call of Peterson......buy me....buy me....must keep money in wallet, ignore voices in head......lol
    Will....I don't have any U-Flake (I've heard it's a good smoke)...but, I do have MacBarens Navy Flake, so I'll try a single flake of that. And I do love that struck band, kinda draws your attention to the pipe.....thanks

5. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Can't go wrong with the Navy Flake. Enjoy!

6. Marc

Marc Active Member

Nice shape, enjoy!

7. Blue

Blue Member

A thing of beauty!

8. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

Thanks for your comments Marc & Blue, always appreciated.

9. The Dane

The Dane Member

I think that your new Peterson will make you a very happy man. I bought my first a couple of months ago, and two more later on, they smoke wonderfully. I'm now a Peterson-fan
    Pleasant smoke

10. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

Dane....I know what you mean, as I'm already feeling the urge to purchase another. I bought my first one, the rustic "barrel" model ($56), about 3 months ago, so this is my second one. I was hoping it would be here today, was sent USPS Priority Mail, but the tracking shows it somehow was mis-routed. Hopefully tommorrow.

11. The Dane

The Dane Member

Hi Nitehawk. Started with Rusticated System 314 but unfortunatly it came with P-Lip wich burned the top of my mouth like h... then i I bought a replacement fishtail mouthpiece and it worked wonders. The next one was a Donegal Rocky 999, it looks a little clumbsy but smokes like a dream. by the way what tobacco do you prefer? My favourate at the moment is W.Ø.Larsen Navy Flake but I'm also in the middle of a tin of Rattray's Professional Mixture

12. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

Hey Dane....and welcome to the club. My favorite smoke is MacBarens Navy Flake, also working on a tin of GL Pease Union Square, which is Virginia Flake. I'll have to try the Larsen Navy Flake, and see how it compares to MacBarens. LOL....I did a little research, before I bought my first Peterson, so I know to always get a Peterson with a fishtail stem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.