1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Just Went Danish Crazy

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by nesta, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I just came home from Canada with a paycheck waiting for me. I bought and activated a reloadable Visa and just spent some money over at smokingpipes.

I had a mostly good trip, but some significant events came to pass which I didn't even come close to expecting. Let's call this a male version of "retail therapy." At least things ended on agreeable terms. But with that, the less said the better.

So here's what I just ordered:

A nice little Stanwell billiard...I've never had a Stanwell but have been wanting to give one a try, especially lately.
    [​IMG]
    In addition to this striking Danish pipe, I went for a few Danish tobaccos to try as well...I've been wanting to try some more, better quality aromatics recently and feel this will fit the bill nicely:
    50g Stanwell Melange
    50g Davidoff Danish Mixture
    2oz PS Sweet Vanilla (already tried and loved)

So yeah, all things considered, I'd say for a hundred bucks and a few cents, with free shipping, this was a successful purchase, barring any problems with the merchandise being revealed upon arrival.

No real intent of purchasing only Danish items, it just worked out that way. Ah well, all items sound and look good to me so I'll take it!

2. Beale

Beale Active Member

I love that Pipe!! The contrasting bad is sweet! Nice PAD, and TAD, Beale.

3. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Nice job, man! That's a beautiful pipe, and those sound like some excellent tobaccos, too.

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Great little Stanwell, Nesta! You should
    like the Davidoff. I have that blend, and
    (for an aro) it's nice! Hope the others are
    first class as well.

dp

5. nitehawk

nitehawk Fearless Leader

Beautiful pipe nesta. I don't own a Stanwell, but from all I've heard & read, they make a great pipe.

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Thanks! it's not too small, but it's a nice, slightly compact little pipe. If I recall the specs properly, its something like .38" diameter champer with something around 1.45" depth. Not too big to take on the go, not to small to rob me of a decent smoke if I want a ribbon cut.

7. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Nice deal amigo. My Stanny 191 bend dog smokes a treat...sure your "Great Dane" will do likewise.

8. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

I have several stanwells. Haven't had a bad smoking one yet. I dare say they are the work hoarse of the smoking world. Not exceedingly flashy but reliable as hell. I would liken them to my old Chevy work truck. Enjoy!

9. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Stanwell is good stuff, and that's a fine-looking example.

10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

It was a real chore trying to decide between the Zebrano and one of the 199's smokingpipes had in stock in the Featherweight and Golden Danish lines! Still want a 199 someday, hopefully before too long :)

11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Anybody know what time (roughly) smokingpipes tends to complete orders? I placed my order -technically- yesterday, though really more like Saturday night...and my card statement still shows the transaction as pending. Thats okay, I'm just wondering if there might be some sort of holdup or something...this is a reloadable Visa account I just bought and activated shortly before making the transaction, however the account IS showing the transaction as pending so I wouldnt think it's a problem with the card :msty:

So should I expect this to go through by the end of the day most likely? I know it's only about 4pm, but I'm bad with delayed gratification!

12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Well of course two minutes after posting that I got an email from smokingpipes and got all excited about it. It turned out to be the newsletter thingy. Just had to wait until 5pm to get an email from UPS to confirm it's been shipped....can't wait if you can't tell!

13. Waino

Waino Active Member

Harmfully W. O. Larsen Edition 2011 is sold out almost everywhere.

Have you checked Danish Pipe Shops collection?

14. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Sweet Pipe! I've been battling ebay for a Stanwell. I keep losing but, I wont stop trying!

15. IKEE

IKEE Member

I just ordered some Melange too! Looking forward to it!
    Nice pipe!

16. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Nice looking pipe, I'm sure it's a great smoker too! I have a Stanwell Sterling (avatar) that is gorgeous and smokes like a dream. Congrats!

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

There is NOTHING negative for me to say about this purchase! Great service, great quality items, delivered promptly with a free pouch of Fox and Hound (which may actually be worth trying, unlike that vanilla stuff they sent me last time) everything was spot on.

This pipe is exactly what I wanted. Small, sleek, flawless construction, and though it needs to be smoked a few times to remove the new-pipe "edge," it has every sign of being a truly high quality smoker.

Already smoked a partial bowl of Melange (more like a half bowl than a third) and loved the caramel-heavy flavor which matched the tin note perfectly but without detracting from the quality of the tobacco.

After cleaning it and letting it cool, I eagerly loaded up a proper 1/3 bowl of the Danish Mixture. Smells just as good as the Melange, but with a more "natural" tobacco flavor. Both are VERY nice aromatics in my book.

I know the Sweet Vanilla is great, and seeing that big old pouch of it makes me smile. I'm a happy piper!

[​IMG]

18. Albert

Albert Active Member

:toast:
    Enjoy.... thoroughly!!!!!

19. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Nice pipe.

20. Jay

Jay Active Member

That's a fine looking pipe Nesta. Enjoy!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.