K.I.S.S.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by KN092011, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSmall

JoeSmall Member

BST

2. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I did something like this a year or so ago. My uncle Danny only ever owned two Legend-sized cobs at a time, and always smoke either Granger or Velvet, with an occasional foray into Half and Half. I wanted to see how he did it. Turns out, it wasn't hard. The Legend-sized cobs were are too small for me, so I moved up to Diplomats. The tobacco I picked was Sir Walter Raleigh. Once I got the right sized pipes, I found that keeping it simple was actually very enjoyable. I still had the urge or other pipes and tobaccos (and still do), but on the whole keeping it simple was enjoyable and educational. I came to understand pipes and tobacco a whole lot more, and I came to understand exactly what I want from a pipe and pipe tobacco.

I've since moved from those cobs to a Falcon stem and four Falcon bowls, but SWR is still the tobacco I smoke most of the time. I smoke a handful of other blends, but as a rule they're simple blends like SWR. I also smoke a lot of my other pipes, but not at the same rate as my Falcons. Ironically, my KISS experiment convinced me that about half of my pipes were actually poor pipes, so I retired them.

Enjoy your KISS experiment, and let us know how it goes. When it's all done, be sure to let us know what you learned about pipes, tobacco, and yourself as a pipe smoker.

Preacher1611 and SthrnMan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.