Kentucky Club Continental Blend Review

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Otoolefan, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Just smoked two bowls (so far) of Kentucky Club Continental Blend for the first time...

I was curious to try it, as it's not locally available around here. As of now, I find it to be a pretty good smoke for an aromatic. It's seems fairly straightforward, not perfumed too much, and mild. It almost reminds me of a kinder, gentler version of Captain Black Royal without the bite or goopiness.

It's still early, but I could see having some of this around as a change of pace in between my other two OTC blends Prince Albert & Carter Hall.

I wish they made this brand available in a pouch size sample rather than it only being available in a tub, but that's life.

All in all, I give this blend a thumbs up :)

Don

dwaugh likes this.
  2. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

There was a pouch of that in the Box Pass, I should have opened it and tried some. Thanks for the review.

3. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Member

I am curious about this blend..

Otoolefan likes this.
  4. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

You should give it a try.

5. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Good stuff.

6. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

I also really like the cover art of the tub. This also makes me want to get a tub of it, if that makes any sense...

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I've been wanting to try it for awhile ! I'm glad you did your take on it :th1:How much black cavendish is in it [ if any ] . I think it had just a small amount but I'm not sure if I remember right .

8. RTOdhner

The cover are is pretty, isn't it.

9. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

I'd say there's only a small amount...

ruffinogold likes this.
  10. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

11. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Yes, one of the best covers for a tub out there, I think. I also always like Granger as well in that department.

12. RTOdhner

I can remember when cover/tin art was a big thing - kind of like the art that goes into a cigar band and box cover. It was as much an issue of style as it was a clever marketing angle. A few blenders still do it, particularly C&D, but I wish it would become standard practice once again.

Rodfather and colorduke like this.
  13. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

OK, this is my second day of sampling Kentucky Club Continental Blend and I stand by my intital impressions. If anything, I like this blend even more. Again, it strikes me as a kinder, gentler version Captain Black Royal with a much better price tag on it--not to mention the attractive cover art of the tub. This blend hasn't bit me and stays cool even though it's an aromatic.

By the way, I'm smoking KCCB in a MM Legend. Haven't tried it in my Grand Duke briar yet. Can't imagine it being any better than in a cob, though.

If there's any drawback to KCCB, a bowl of it smokes pretty quickly. At least for me it does. But that is a tiny thing. You can always refill the bowl.

KCCB will be the aromatic I keep around. Glad I found it.

This may seem silly, but the cover art is what first drew me to this blend and to be curious about it.

Don

colorduke likes this.
  14. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

I should also say that to me the flavor of KCCB is a kind of cocoa-coconut, but it is very mld. Just enough to know you're smoking an aromatic, but not over the top.

15. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Cover art is a lost art, sadly. Really enjoying the Kentucky Club Continental even more. Seems to me tastes kind of like smoking milk chocolate with a hint of pina colada. Really smooth for an aromatic, no bite whatsoever. Will be getting a tub very soon!

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.