1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Kentucky Club Continental Blend

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Otoolefan, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Just wondering if anyone here has smoked Kentucky Club Continental Blend... And, if so, what are you thoughts on it? Thinking of trying it some time. Years ago I smoked a bit of Kentucky Club Mild, but never knew this blend existed.

I know this can be subjective, but would appreciate any thoughts/reviews on this blend that may be of help in determining if I get some of this. It seems like it only comes in a 14 oz tin, so I'd hate to buy a whole tub of it if I don't care for it all that much.

Thanks,

Don

2. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Guess no one has ever smoked this blend, lol....

3. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Give it time. One of these old farts is bound to chime in soon.

4. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

After we do a walnut group buy, we are taking about having a kentucky club buy...that way you can try a sample without having to buy a whole tub.

5. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

LOL. You were right...

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I was just asking if anyone had any the other day . I've smoked it but it was so long ago that I honestly dont remember what it was like . I think I liked it cause if I didnt ... I might remember .. or not . So , anybody got any ?

7. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Sounds good.

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Cool ! Count me in on a group buy . I've been wanting to try some

9. wft1120

wft1120 Member

Don,
    I have been smoking Kentucky Club Continental Blend for many years. When I could no longer obtain Fireside Tobacco (made my McBaren), I was forced to try something else. I tried many blends from many blenders but I liked KCC better than any other tobacco. A plus for it is that it is reasonably priced. To me it is a mild tobacco and has a kind of nutty taste. A bowl of it usually burn to the bottom. I get no togue bite whatsoever. The only problem I have with it is that a bowl of it does not last very long, but that may be due to the way I smoke.

Walt

10. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I used to smoke a lot of it back when I lived back east, and when I was stationed on the East Coast. It's primarily Burley tobacco, so it has a typical SWR-like quality. But it's also got a sweet taste to it, although I couldn't tell you what it is. Some have said it reminds them of coconut, but I never really got that off it. It does burn a little on the fast side. I think that it's similar to a lot of OTC's like CH and such in that it's just a pleasant smoke. You can puff on it and not really have to pay attention to it - just enjoy. Now that I think about it, I think I'll order a tub or two to put on the tobacco bar as the duty aromatic blend.

11. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Walt,

Cool. Thanks for the info. Right now, my budget dictates that I'll only be really smoking OTC blends, and though I'm a newbie, I already know I don't like aromatics if they're too aromatic. I'm currently enjoying Prince Albert & Carter Hall, but the Kentucky Club Continental Blend has me intrigued as somethig to have on the side for a change of pace every now and then. Reading about it, my bigest worry was that it would be too perfumed & the "coconut" supposed taste sounded weird, so that's why I posted this thread. Your description has put some of those concerns to bed.

Also, this may sound silly, but I really like the tin art/scene that's on the tub. I know this has nothing to do with its taste, but I guess I'm a sucker for cover art, lol.

As a smoker of PA & CH, do you think KCCB would appeal to one who smokes these blends? You say it tastes "nutty", so I think I'll like it.

Don

12. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Thanks for the info! Have a feeling I'll be getting a tub of this sometime in the future.

13. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Walt,

Would it be possible to bum a tiny sample of KCC so I can try it out before buying a whole tub of it? From what I can tell, you can't but a small pouch of it, only the tin.

Don

14. wft1120

wft1120 Member

Don,
    Send me your address and I will forward a sample of KCCB to you. I won't be able to send it our until next Monday or Tuesday. My email is as follows: wtelman@sbcglobal.net
    Walt

15. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Walt,
    Will do. Thanks so much!

Don

16. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Think I tried Kentucky Club Mild years ago and remember the tobacco being too dry for my liking. I'm guessing KCCB is a bit more moist, as it's a cavendsh...

17. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Walt,

Your profile says you're from Connecticut... so am I. Grew up in a little town on the Shoreline called Clinton. Never heard of Harwinton...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.