1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Kevin Arthur, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by lostopossum, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostopossum

lostopossum Member

Hey guys and gals, I am the lucky winner of a new Kevin Arthur pipe on eBay and I was wondering if any of you have any experience with this carver. This will be my first American made pipe as all of my other pipes are Italian other than my first two that are stanwells. Thanks for any input you might have!!!

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

No direct experience, but I've heard nothing but positive things about his pipes. I think you picked up a winner!

SouthBound likes this.
  3. redskull13

redskull13 Member

Pics please....

Congrats on the new smoker!

4. WayneTeipen

WayneTeipen Member

I don't own and therefor haven't smoked one of Kevin Arthur's pipes so I can't speak to how well they smoke. I have checked out his pipes at a few pipe shows and can say they are very well made and beautiful. Judging by the attention to detail Kevin pays to the aesthetics of his pipes, I'd guess they smoke like a dream. Nice win.

5. lostopossum

lostopossum Member

Well I am excited, I will post a pic as soon as I get off work. I think I got a steal at $101.

6. lostopossum

lostopossum Member

7. TRAVIS

TRAVIS Member

Nice looking pipe you have there. Hopefuly she smokes as good as she looks.:th1:

8. Beale

Beale Active Member

Congrats on the very nice pipe! Beale.

9. redskull13

redskull13 Member

here's your pic lostopossum.
    btw... looks to be a great smoker!
    Really like that sandblast finish! I want a pipe like that one day. :gjob:

[​IMG]

10. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

So... are ya gonna smoke it and then tell US how good they are, or are ya gonna sit there and ask a question that, so far in this forum, only YOU can answer? :D

SouthBound likes this.
  11. lostopossum

lostopossum Member

Ok so I told you guys I would give you a report after smoking and all I can say is wow!!!!!! I have been more impressed with this pipe than any of my others, I find my self picking it up over my castellos, dunhill, and ser jacopos. It has amazing draw, weighs almost nothing and has never had so much as a gurgle even when trying to force it. All I can say is try and grab one on ebay before word really gets out because mine was a steal, so much so I have another one on the way. I got both of mine brand new for $100 and it out smokes my dunhill amber root.

12. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.