1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Kudos To Jake Hackert

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by yinyang, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

...For speedy service! I ordered a Freehand cob off of ebay late, late Thursday. Got an e-mail from him 3 o'clock Friday saying he dropped it off. To my suprise, there it is on my doorstep today! Yeay for me! My thanks to Mr. Hackert, AND you guys for recommending him.

As an aside, could you please, please stop talking about pipes now? I seem to be unable to resist the power of persuasion. I'm at like, 7, pipes in the last two weeks? Yikes.

Enablers.

:D

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hpoe you enjoy your Hackert - I think they are superbly made, superbly smoking pipes.

Welcome to the wonderful world of PAD - somehow I mangaed for over 30 years with only 7 Falcons...then I discovered Forums!

Happy smoking

Gerry

3. Marc

Marc Active Member

yinyang,

You'll be well pleased with that Hackert custom cob. Let us know how you like it?

4. Marine Dad

Marine Dad Member

I was watching that auction. Do let us know how you like it. I have a Diplomat and Patriot from Jake and they are great.
    Enjoy the Freehand.

5. Ivycap

Ivycap Member

I called him one time and very curtiously asked him how to order one of his cobs. He was rude to me on the phone and acted agitated that I called him (with a number he provided on his website btw)and took him away from his shop. Well, he lost my business.

6. yinyang

Well, I understand your frustration...I'm the one my ol' lady says she'll never take back to an Outback Steakhouse...two, count'em!, two, different stores in two different states, both, count'em!, both do not know what medium well is. After multiple tries at it, I told them to 'f' off, I would go home and do it for cheaper...(my wife left appalled, but, darnit........)

Point is, I don't blame you. However, in my limited case...well, I've had awesome customer service(and product 'satisfaction') from Mr. Hackert(x2). So, if we can both learn from our misfortunes, 'Maybe they(he) had a bad day, and deserve another chance?' Maybe I'm not the bigger person here, but, I suspect, you just might be. After all, it's a pipe (A Pipe, Man!!!), for cryin' out loud, not a slab of dead cow! If you change your mind, let me know...I might have to eat at an Outback afterall!

(Swallowed indignation=30 bucks...(an average for a Hackert cob.)
    (Swallowed rare beef= 50 bucks, when factoring in my family...who loves that damned steakhouse...)

YMMV-

-Kyle

7. 65caddy

65caddy Member

YinYang, not trying to hijack your post, but I'm curious how are Hackerts briar pipes. I'm considering purchasing one and any feed back would be appreciated.

8. yinyang

No prob...unfortunately, I'm no help. My Hackert's are cobs. Seems I recall a thread here somewheres that discusses his briars, though. I also know there is at least one youtube video reviewing one.

Since Mr. Hackert numbers his pipes sequentially, I would say he sells them as fast as he makes them...a good sign. (I bought #146 in middle Feb. and #182 the other day.)

Going by price alone, I would get one...Hell, I may as well. I just need to take a breather on pipe purchases(for now).

Happy shopping!

-Kyle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.