Lancer Slices

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Stonewall, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

....I managed to find some. Just how good are these slices of lancer?

2. buistd

buistd Sales Account

I really like them. If I had to choose between Lancers and Penzance I would pick the Lancers without even having to think about it.

Stonewall likes this.
  3. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Wow! Now that's interesting for certain. Is this stuff hard to find? This is the first time I've found it readily available.

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Lancer Slices is in bulk and normally it shouldn't be hard to find ... unless everyone in pSF is going nuts over something , then things seem to disappear :eek: Lancer Slices were carried in a majority of B&M and sometimes renamed . It's a good rich smooth cool smoking blend . It's Latakia and Virginia and is not complex but flavorful

5. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

I would pick the one I am in the mood for as they differ slightly. I have a few lbs of the LS in the cellar and will buy some more in the summer (I have a plan). I am looking forward to seeing how some of the jars age.

6. JRobert

JRobert Hermit Forum Guide

7. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

I like Lancer Slices a lot and smoke the stuff fairly regularly.
    In the last big pass around Lancer Slices were pretty much unanimously liked by all that tried it.

And it ages well. Thanks Alan ;-)

Agreed that it's not complex, nor is it Penzance.

Alan Dye likes this.
  8. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Ugh. I forgot about LS. It's been so long since I've had any. Back on the TAD list it goes. Thanks for the reminder!

9. afiaowo

afiaowo Member

Don't let Lancer Slices dry out to much. The smokiness decreases and the pepper goes away. I found it smokes better in a briar vs. a meer. If you have a pipe with a narrow bowl width try that one. It should burn a bit hotter which releases the berry flavors from the virginias.

10. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Interesting. Throughout all the Etailer sites I've visited, I've never once ran across it. But I've never actually been looking for it either. I was looking for a specific blend when I found it available.

Perhaps I've mistaken it with Bengal Slices as a rare or elusive one to find.

Thanks for the feedback folks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.