1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Lane 1 Q - Sold under other names?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Ray Cook, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Cook

Ray Cook Member

I really enjoy Lane 1 Q. Can someone tell me if it is sold under other names at the local tobacconists?
    Also I have heard that Captain Black Royal is the same blend, but the Royal tastes more chemically to me. Maybe it's the pipe? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I'd venture to guess that it is sold at more tobacconists than not. Just go in and ask, and they'll probably weigh you out a couple of ounces of something in a jar labeled "somebody's favorite" that is actually 1 Q.

Spillproof likes this.
  3. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

All the bulk at my local B&M is just renamed from bigger distributors. The blend I like is labeled second mate but is actually Lane RLP-6.

4. Redyserve

Redyserve Member

"Exotic Honey" at my local.

5. Jive Dadson

Jive Dadson Member

"Wilshire" at Tinderbox. My local B&M calls it "Shag." Or maybe that's their RLP-6 - I forget. It is available in bulk (as Lane's 1Q) from pipesandcigars among others.

6. Capt

Capt Active Member

You are all correct.

7. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

It is pretty decent stuff in any case!

8. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Here is what Trout Langston, Brand Manager for Lane Limited says about the Captain Blacks and Lane bulks.
    "Lane 1Q is most similar to Captain Black Royal. The recipes are in fact different, but if the question is which of the Captain Blacks is most like Lane 1Q, the answer is definitely Royal. And yes, the same statement could be made about RLP-6 and Captain Black White.

When talking about the differences between Captain Black White, Royal and Gold, the key (though not the only) difference is the amount of Black Cavendish in each blend. White has the most, while Gold is all golden cavendish, with Royal somewhere in between.

9. SteveNH

SteveNH Active Member

So does anyone know what RLP stands for.....really like pipe.......right left position.....roger lolly pop?

Smokey Tom likes this.
  10. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Im positive that up here in Canada, Brigham's Chocolate is 1Q. Also Grandfather's own from house of Calabash is extremely similar.

11. Shootinok

Shootinok Member

Re Light Periodically :cfsd:

SteveNH likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.