1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Lantana Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Tenthgate, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tenthgate

Tenthgate Member

Hi all,
    I bought this pipe on ebay on a whim some months ago. It's a billiard with the word "lantana" written on the bottom. I can't for the life of me find any info on where that company is, the closest google finds is a town called Lantana.

Has anyone ever heard of it? I suppose it could be Pantana?

Lol. I don't know if it is indicative of anything but the bit on it is particularly ligth and feels a bit more plastic than a typical acrylic stem. I imagine lightness is a sought after quality but something about this seems almost too light?

Anyways thanks in advance,

Saf

2. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Could it have possibly been L' Anatra? Post a pic of it if you can, that might help to identify it.

3. Tenthgate

Tenthgate Member

Sorry I don't have a way to take pictures :/
    Well I've been smoking it and it's actually quite cool on the first few smokes. Surprisingly. I'm not experienced with higher end pipes but I wonder if the lightness is normal. I was a bit dissapointed when i got it cause the pics on ebay made it look a lot nicer than it was when i got it. But maybe it'll work out :)

4. Evilgemini

Evilgemini Member

5. Tenthgate

Tenthgate Member

God I wish haha, that duck is awesome. It has no logo on the stem at all.

6. user1975

user1975 Active Member

That's the pipe maker I was telling you about.... maybe your pipe has had the stem replaced.

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

lantana is a desert shrub. Doubtful it's that.
    Probably as Mark has said. L'anatra with
    a replacement stem.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  8. Tenthgate

Tenthgate Member

Yea I think its a dead company or something because it 100% sure says "(L)antana"

Same as another pipe I have from a company called HAIG that seems impossible to find any evidence of, maybe a smaller tobacco shop or independent fellow...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.