1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Last pipe for a while

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by furious, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furious

furious Junque collector

Well, I won a Barling's Guinea Grain pot last night which is going to be my last pipe for quite some time--perhaps for the rest of the year. Since it is definitely pre-transition, I think I did fairly well here. No condition issues except for a tooth hole on underside of the bit nearest the button. Button itself looks fine and is not cracked. I will repair it myself and she'll be good as new after a good clean and polish.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250999984158?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

2. Piperatthegates

Piperatthegates Member

Nice pipe, I have had a few pipes from the same seller and often look to see what he has on offer. I'm sure you'll enjoy the Barling very much, I once owned a couple, both bought as estates, but they were both superb smokers, very very good pipes.

furious and Rewster66 like this.
  3. furious

furious Junque collector

Yes, thanks. I am lucky enough to have three other Barling's in my collection--two of which are pre-transition. All of them smoke well, but that old briar is really something special. Real tight grain and light as a feather. Everything I put in them smokes dry and all the way down to the bottom every time.

Rewster66 likes this.
  4. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

O.K. Furious we will hold you to your word. If I were a betting man I would bet another pipe is in your future.....sooner than you think

Lestrade, TRAVIS and furious like this.
  5. furious

furious Junque collector

LOL well it ain't coming outta my wallet then cause I am tapped out!!! Of course, I am saying that knowing the awesome power of PAD.

6. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Nice pipe you picked up.

furious likes this.
  7. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Jealous! I have been wanting a pre-transition Barling's for quite a while. Also, I would love a nice Charatan, like a City of London Executive Dublin. :drly:

8. TRAVIS

TRAVIS Member

Nice pipe happy smoking. I have 3 old Barlings and know nothing of this pre transition talk anyone able to give me a quick guide for dummy's?

furious likes this.
  9. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Congrats on that Darling of a Barling!

furious likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.