1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Latest catch =)

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Linus, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linus

Linus Member

I replied to an ad on what in my eyes looked like 3 budget pipes with low hope for a future life but i really liked the look of the 4:th one, and i knew it was a stanwell, not to mention one of the piperacks.
    the picture was really bad so i asumed the poor stanwell was in as sorry state as the other ones, but anyway, 60 bucks, i like the racks and i can pratice restoration on the 3 bad ones and maaaybe have some succes with the stanwell =) (a qualitypipe over here is about 100 and upwards new).

after some mailing it turned out she lived only 6-7 miles away so i jumped in the car on the double.

the 3 more or less unnamed pipes (at least for me) (2 baronet and one lantana?) was indeed in a sorry state but to my surprice the stanwell was in as good condition an estate ever could be, not a bitemark, a thin cake a wee bit "tared" on the rim so i decided that i´ll only run it throughly with vodkadiped pipecleaners and give the stem/bit a cleaning with the vodka as well, tomorrow i´ll try it out, it´s "stanwell, Randers-piben 2002" (randers is the town about 10 miles away so it´s a town-edition-series)

The pictures aint to good but here´s the whole lot
    [​IMG]

And here´s the stanwell (my third stanwell)
    [​IMG]

a bit dark picture, it´s a about "dark red" satin matte finish =)

RTOdhner likes this.
  2. Iain

Iain Active Member

The Stanwell does look good :th1:
    If your happy with the Stanwell as it is then smoke it whilst practising restoration on the others, you might just end up with 4 great smokers out of the deal.

Linus likes this.
  3. Linus

Linus Member

One can only hope :D but i guess i´ll just get a reamer, a cheap handdrill (somehow i only have batterypowered), finegrid sandpaper and a couple of buffingwheels and see how it turn out, in worst case i´ll end up with some tools and a load och wood/vulcanite dust :xd: .

4. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

That's a great lot you got there, I love the Stanwell especially!

Linus likes this.
  5. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Great score!

Linus likes this.
  6. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

Very nice, I'm kinda jealous now!

Linus likes this.
  7. Linus

Linus Member

Thanks everyone.
    The stanwell and the racks was the very reason i bought it =) just hope i can put some life back in the other 3 too (even if they´ll probably never gonna get smoked since i dont smoke much pipe, on the other hand i might just dedicate them to certain tobaccos and in the same time dedicate a few of my earlyer pipes too :)

But. my biggest issue right now!!! How to cure/surpress P.A.D?????? :beyes: :xd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.