1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Latest eBay loot....and the PAD goes on

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Barako, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barako

Barako Member

Won these babies a week ago and got them at EMS post office earlier today. My first sandblast was a Pete Donegal Rocky "Zippo" pipe that I bought less than a month ago and I really liked the smoking qualities and appearance of sandblasted/rusticated pipes that I looked for more of these types on the Bay.

My choices did not disappoint, both are perfectly engineered, cool smoking, sweet tasting pipes that feel good in the hand and look awesome in my opinion. Really proud of them and just wanted to share them with you guys :pc:

My 1947 Dunhill Patent Shell 660 Billiard and Castello Sea Rock KK 34 Dublin :velho: , for the uninitiated, the Castello is the bigger pipe with the white stripe on the stem, while the Dunhill is the smaller one with the white dot on the stem :jawdrop:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Barako, I really dig that Castello.

3. Barako

Barako Member

Thanks, I like it very much too and may prove to be a favorite in the long run as I am partial to big pipes(small ones are good when you don't have that much time), it's my first Castello and they are really well made, the craggy surface is a joy to behold and feel, the thick walls as well as the larger surface area offered by the rustication makes it a really cool smoker too. :jawdrop:

4. erickghint

erickghint Member

I have a feeling you're going to enjoy the hell out of those. :jawdrop: Great snags, man. I love the rusticated look, and those are some damn fine examples.

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Nice Pipes B! I'm partial to rustics/blasted pipes as well. The smoke "better"? IMO. Congratz! Nice score!

:jawdrop:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

6. Barako

Barako Member

Thanks erick :) I'm sure I will be enjoying them too, one thing nice with rustics is that you don't have to be too anal about the finish unlike smooth pipes.

Thank you Puff, I know a good pipe is a good pipe but they do seem to smoke "better" :) I still love all my pipes, I don't want any of them getting jealous and giving me an off taste ;)

7. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz Member

WOW, extremely nice pipes Sir! Enjoy

8. Barako

Barako Member

Thanks Duke :velho:

9. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

They are both beauties, all right!

10. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Cool! Now you got some pipes to smoke those GLP blends coming in next week! [​IMG]

11. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Very nice pipes. I tend to go for the rustic look as well. I love the way they feel in my hand.

12. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi,

Seriously nice - well done and many happy years enjoying them!

Gerry

13. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Great find man those are beautiful, when i choose pipes i always go with the rustic/sandblasted look, but dont get me wrong i like me some good birds eyes n such, but there is just something about the rustic look that just grabs me. Once agin great buy, and hope you enoy them to the fulliest!!!!!!!

14. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Those are some very handsome pipes indeed, Barako! Enjoy them in the best of health!

15. WillH

WillH Active Member

Wow! That Castello is a show stopper! Rugged looking pipe in a functional sorta way. The Dunhill isn't too shabby either. And they smoke well...can't do any better!

Will

16. Barako

Barako Member

Thank you everyone :wave: enjoying both of these pipes very much and they do smoke perfectly. I do have another smooth finished pipe on the way,(which I will post here when it arrives) caught my eye the other day and before I knew it, I won it :0laugh: . I should really go slow and control my PAD but if ever, the next one will hopefully be another rustic, I must say I really like how they look :thumb:

@Dondi - really looking forward to those incoming C&D/GLP's, thanks for bringing on the TAD :)

17. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

You've got good taste in pipes ! I love them both ! Enjoy and fill em up w/ something good

18. Barako

Barako Member

19. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Great score! That big un looks like an all day smoke! :velho:

20. Barako

Barako Member

Thanks Mike, it has the same capacity as an ODA pipe, at 3/4 full bowl(I don't usually smoke full bowls to preserve the rim), it's a 1 hour and 25 min smoke for me and I tend to smoke a bit fast :velho:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.