Latest pipe smoking purchase? (old)

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Kyle Black, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

What a great addition to your pipe smoking accessories. Wish I could do this too. My grandchildren would love to get their tiny hands on something so wondrous.

OBD.

Iain and Wicklow like this.
  2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Did they run out of the charcoal and lighter fluid I sent them?

dwaugh and Wicklow like this.
  3. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

PAD and TAD struck again and so I stopped by smokingpipes.com and picked up one 500g box of GH Bright CR Flake and this beauty - http://www.smokingpipes.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=81843

This will be my third Luciano, the price was great and I love their pipes, they are very nicely made.

Cecilg likes this.
  4. Tanman

Tanman Member

That's a beauty!

Wicklow likes this.
  5. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

8 more lovely ounces of my precious Stonehaven. I had been hittin my supply lightly as I was running out. I'm a happy man singing happy songs and dancin happy dances

6. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Where did you get it if I may ask?

7. Monkeyshine

John B. Hayes Tobacconist. They had a handful of bags of Penzance and Stonehaven. Was a tough decision but I had less Stonehaven at home.

8. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

4 2oz tins of C&D Briar Fox. This becomes an exceptional blend with about a year age on it. I'm on my last aged tin.

9. Mington

Is that local to you? Do they do mail order? I would love to get 1 or 2 oz's of Stonehaven.:nwor:

10. Monkeyshine

Local b&m but they do have a website. I didn't see any tins, just the 8 oz bags. Always have Squadron Leader on hand too.

11. Gary

Gary Member

Lemme see now. Stuck at a hotel in South Leeds, UK with no transportation. Have worked everyday for 10 days, but today is quiet so finally was able to grab a taxi to Wakefield where I found a tobacconist. Paid them a visit this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Picked up a Peterson 303 and several tobaccos. They didn't have all of the tobaccos I had on my list, but they had a couple that weren't.

- 1x50g Ennerdale flake (bulk) to break in the Peterson
    - 1x50g tin Erinmore flake
    - 1x50g tin of Peterson Old Dublin
    - 1x50g (pouch) Mick McQuaid Square Cut
    - 2x50g (pouch) Mick McQuaid Plug Cut
    - 2x50g (pouch) Three Nuns
    - 6x50g (pouch) Condor Long Cut (one nearly gone already!)
    - 3x50g (pouch)St. Bruno (one considerably lighter than the others)

Tasted the Condor, Bruno, Three Nuns, and the Ennerdale. All of them are keepers. Spent way too much money on tobacco and this trip, but figure if I don't get them now I may never. You only live once, eh?
    Ah well, if I have to be stuck in a hotel and work long hours, at least I have enough t'baccy to keep me going for awhile. Heading to Ireland next Saturday. Lord knows what mischief I'll get into over there while on vacation....

Ah, the Condor and St. Bruno were actually purchased last week at the local ASDA (Walmart owned "superstore"), which is why they're lighter than the others...

Need to decide if/what I might want to open....of course being like a kid in a candy shop I want to try them all, but I know I should save them until I can store them properly....oh the suffering....

12. johnhwatson

johnhwatson Member

A straightgrain briar made by unknown maker,
    1 x Erinmore balkan mixture
    1x Revor plug

13. Mington

Wow! Great shopping!
    So that's where ya get 3 Nuns, eh?

Gary likes this.
  14. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

Nice score, Gary!

15. Out of Town

Out of Town Member

Dropped into my local B&M this morning..... had a bit of a chat with the owner, and bought a tin of Erinmore flake.... had a look along the shelves and in amongst all the aro's was a pack of GH Ennerdale..... i couldn't resist so i bought it.
    It has taken over my day... and i haven't stopped smoking it since i got home, tried it in all my pipes and it seems to like my Pete 317 best.... i can now understand the following this toby has... i'm converted :bow: , for now at least.

I also mentioned that as i like flakes it was a shame he didn't have any Irish or University flake.... 'no problem' he said, ' i'll get them in for you.'... result!

Happy days!

Dave:bing:

16. ironpipe

ironpipe Member

I went to a flea market this weekend and bought a few pipes. They had a lot of use and carbon in them. But i reamed them out and used my buffer on them and they look great now. I just love buying old things and fixing them up. Then filling them up with some fresh smoke. Plus it's cool to own something that is old. I just like the old things I guess. I am sure new pipes are great. I just love the patina the old used estate pipes have. Funny thing is I could have bought quite a few more. They guy I bought one pipe from accused me of stealing one of his pipes. I told him I was smoking it, it is mine. He changed his tune when he saw the smoke rising out of my pipe lol... Then tried to get me to buy all his pipes. I was a little strapped but he had a few others I wanted. Maybe next weekend. It's just down the corner from home. I love the south there is so much cool stuff around here....

17. Tanman

Tanman Member

Just won on ebay a Canadian style estate pipe for $9.99; not a mark on it and the stem will need just a little polishing up; my big buy for the day!

ironpipe likes this.
  18. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

I got my son a Pete system 313 smooth finish with a fishtail stem. It's a beauty. I saw it on Smokingpipes.com and couldn't resist it. I'll give it to him on Christmas. It should be a surprise for him and I'm sure he will be very pleased. In answer to all the questions that will come flooding in from you guys - no, I will not adopt you.

ironpipe likes this.
  19. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Wowsers....you made a haul!

20. Chuck S

Chuck S Member

MM Pride and Legend, along with a tin of Ashton Artisan's Blend. Place sold out of Dunhill Nightcap the day before I got to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.