Latest pipe smoking purchase? (old)

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Kyle Black, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

!*@%......I'm still trying to find my first......You suck.

;) Looking forward to pics if the deal goes down.

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Puff The Magic likes this.
  3. GlassSculptor

:ohyh:

I'm just being picky about my first one. I'm waiting for Friki Baki to list a bent Dublin or Cherrywood/Poker. I like the looks of the stems he makes. They appear to be fairly thin and comfortable.

I'll keep checking the places you mentioned too. Thanks! Something's bound to show up soon.

4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

My last purchase was 2 weeks ago. Picked up :
    1# McB Solent Mixture
    1# McB Scottish Mixture
    1# PS English Oriental Supreme
    Peterson Aran XL02
    Peterson Aran 306

I haven't even tried the Scottish or the EOS. The Solent was the first one I tried, and I've smoked it exclusively for 2 straight weeks. Love that flavor. Burns great, too.

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Get an IMP and go from there!

Ed
    Puff

6. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I <3 my Imp! Listen to Mr. Puff. :th1:

7. GlassSculptor

I haven't ruled IMPs out but from the photos I've seen of them the stems look a little too thick for my taste. :cfsd:

Bought some Glengarry flake, No.7 broken flake and Bob's Chocolate flake. Smoked several bowls of Glengarry already and it's a winner.

8. beaupipe

beaupipe Active Member

I had a couple glasses of Guinness the other day. And then I had 1 last glass supported by a wee serving of Michter's Bourbon. And the, oh then, (Ambien moment coming up...though I've never used it) I somehow found my way to a site offering all natural tobacco twists for use in Shamanic rituals.

http://www.shamansmarket.com/-strse-3196/Tobacco-Twists/Detail.bok

For the life of me, I was certain it said 7 ounces for less than six bucks. On closer inspection, it says .7. Ah well, I bought out their meager supply and soon I'll be having visions while smoking in my sweat lodge. Wish me luck.

I also picked up (another day and sober as a judge) this little experiment, the Antique Roman Copper Aquaduct Pipe: http://www.pietenpauw.co.za/newpipes.html

yinyang likes this.
  9. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Guacamole! That thing is far out. Let us know what you think when you get it!

10. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

Good deal...I really like my Yanik and have seen Kudrets work, good choices.

11. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

Im temporarily out of the market...trying to close on a house, so now is not a good time to say "honey, look what I spent 500 dollars on. what? we can't pay the house inspector? You think he would like some tobacco?" No, me thinks purchases are on hold for now.

The bright side is we should be in it before xmas and it's got a heated enclosed front porch which translates to "Ken's primo all season, pipe smoking man cave".

EmperorGix likes this.
  12. dmkerr

This will make 6 Yaniks but this'll be my first Kudret. Come to think of it, I don't own anything from any of the Gezer triplets. Anyway, Yanik doesn't always produce the best smokers (his older ones showed his inability to get the stinkin' draft hole aligned, creating a well that caused gurgling) but his carving is probably the best example of the art ever. And his physics seems to be improving.

I was just commenting to another member that the newer wave of meer carvers have really taken the smokability of the pipes to a very high level. CAO used to be the ultimate name in meerschaum and now they don't even rate.

13. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

IMP Meers are awesome.

14. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I'm in total agreement on this one as
    I only own one meer, and it's a CAO gurgler!

Back OT, some pipe cleaners, and the
    latest P&T.

15. dmkerr

Yep! I have 5 and they're all in my regular rotation.

16. dmkerr

Deal made! Trading some briars (an Ashton 3X Pebble Grain, a Savinelli Autograph and a Ser Jacopo S2) plus a wee bit of cash. :punk:

Also picked up a Servi meer from Ebay carved in the likeness of a clown. It's listed as a "Happy Clown" but it looks more like the clown from the movie "It". He'll go well with my Baglan in the likeness of the puppet from the "Saw" series of movies. Creepy!

17. TheGrizz

TheGrizz New Member

Last purchase was McClelland Anniversary 2010 and just ordered McClelland Christmas Cheer should be here soon.

18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yesterday I picked up a windcap finally. I'm LOVING it!

19. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

That and flake tobacco is a great combo for the weather wind we have been having.

20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been meaning to get one for some time, but put it off and put it off...finally drove down to Pipes and Pleasures and bought the cheap model. I gotta say, it's a godsend. Helping me with technique, too, as I'm a compulsive tamper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.