1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest pipe smoking purchase? (old)

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Kyle Black, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwin

Elwin Member

Just scored 4 MM Diplomats and 2 GD Eggs for 42.60 (including free shipping) from Lil' Brown.
    Not the cheapest I've ever paid, but pretty darn close!
    :th1:

Lestrade and Puff The Magic like this.
  2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

3. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Woah baby... That's frickin' sweet.

4. Scottly

Scottly Member

4 oz of McClelland 5100 and 50g tin of McClelland Dominican Glory Maduro

5. JBWright

JBWright Member

Just got back from the local B&M. Scored a new Santini (local brand), a tin of 3 Oaks Syrian, a tin of Blackwoods Flake and half pound of C&D's Professor. The owner even threw in a generous sample portion of McClelland's Fragrant Cake Mixture.

6. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Let me know what you think of that one; I've been curious about it.

7. JBWright

JBWright Member

Will do sir!

8. 50rayj

50rayj Active Member

When pulling into a truckstop in Jessup MD I noticed a tobacco shop walking distance from the truckstop. So I walked to it and walked out with a new Peterson Dalkey 68 egg. Also bought a tin of Cherry Bomb. I like it much better than the othe cherry blends I've tried.

9. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Wow 50Ray! You're about 5 miles down the road! You go there often? We should meetup if so.

Latest for Puff:

Tsuge Mizki nosewarmer blasted dublin freehand, Smoking Pipes, blowout sale! :)

Ed
    Puff

10. telltime

telltime Active Member

Yeah... Jessup is right down the street from me, too. Ed and I meet up sometimes. I'll join up with you both if you decide to meet up.

11. Capt

Capt Active Member

That is probably my number one smoke. Just got another pound from P&C today, along with several other tins and bulk blends.

12. Iain

Iain Active Member

I've been looking out for something more substantial then a czech tool for a while and found this NOS Made in Sheffield pipe tool, only cost me £6.

[​IMG]

shadow, Lestrade, Kiowapipe and 2 others like this.
  13. Peach21

Peach21 Member

Tins of Nightcap and C&D Bayou morning flake and an MM hardwood.

14. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Picked up a blend made by (rather repackaged by) my local B&M, some IF and SG Balkin flake

Mington likes this.
  15. Tenthgate

Tenthgate Member

Visited my local B&M here in Montreal today for the first time and bought an AWESOME little savinelli. It's a full bent bordering on oom paul, but small with a caramel lucite stem and what looks like brass of copper band. The bowl is rusticated black. Apple shapes. Extremely comfortable.

Oh and i nabbed a tin of FVF while there and am sampling it now in my new pipe :)

Thanks Blatter and Blatter! If any of you are ever in Montreal I highly recommend the shop. They have quite lovely in house pipes. I fully intend to go back and buy one.

jpberg and Mington like this.
  16. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Congrats on the Sav Tenthgate!

17. ProvokeMe

ProvokeMe Member

Being pretty new to pipe smoking, I've been getting little samples of this and that from friends that are pipe smokers. Found a couple of those that I really liked. So... ordered 1lb of Midnight Smoke and 1/2lb of 1Q from smokingpipes.com along with a 12 pipe rack with jar in the center. Couldnt see getting a "vintage" or "estate" rack from ebay when for about 10 bucks more I have a brand new one.

18. JBWright

JBWright Member

Just to let you know, the Cake was absolutely delightful. I nice mild smoke that could really work well as a solid all day blend. I picked up somes notes of a toasty, nearly chocolate aroma. Gonna be TAD'ing hard and cellaring a good bit of this blend.

BTW, latest purchase was a nice 4 pipe stand with 4 good looking estate pipes with it. All told it cost me about $23. Not bad for the stand let alone the pipes.

19. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Thanks, JBW! And up the list it goes :)

20. UberHuberMan

UberHuberMan Member

Had a run of PAD recently: Rad Davis, no name Calabash, Andrew Staples, Capitello, and an estate Boswell. Wee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.