1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest pipe smoking purchase? (old)

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Kyle Black, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shandy

shandy Member

I'm a happy man! Just been following the tracking and I see my Savinelli Trevi rustic 320 has just cleared customs and is out for processing by Canada post so it should be with me tomorrow! This is my first new pipe of reasonable quality (my very first was a cheapy from my local tobacconist) and I am very much looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. Have always loved this style of pipe, I believe it is called Banker or Author but stand to be corrected! great service and fast shipping from tobaccopipes.com.

HCraven and Lestrade like this.
  2. JBWright

JBWright Member

Went to the B&M for a couple bundles of pipe cleaners....couldn't resist leaving with just that. Left with a MM Washington (first cob) and some Billy Budd. Loving the Billy Budd and absolutely freaked out over how good a five dollar cob can smoke!

Motard, shandy, HCraven and 1 other person like this.
  3. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

It's true, the smoking-prowess to cost ratio of a cob is absolutely off the chart.

Motard, Lestrade and JBWright like this.
  4. CMGilmore

CMGilmore New Member

Lestrade likes this.
  5. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

I am a big fan of the Sav 320 shape. Congrats and enjoy Shandy.

Motard and shandy like this.
  6. shandy

shandy Member

Thank you fellow Sherlockian! I had hoped to have it today but hopefully it will be tomorrow as they said they could not deliver as I was not in... I was! Gotta Love Canada post!

7. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

I just picked up two 500g boxes of GH Bright CR Flake and two 100g tins of Mac Baren Club Blend online from smokingpipes. That should hold me a bit.

8. shandy

shandy Member

I picked up my Savinelli today, the trevi rustic 320KS from tobacco pipes.com, excellent service from them I thought. This is my first Italian pipe and my first "decent" new pipe and I love it. Much bigger than I imagined and a good weight to it. It fits wonderfully in the hand and I am looking forward to my first bowl in it!
    Here are some pictures.
    My new beauty!
    [​IMG]
    Which will compliment my other pipe, a Preben Holm Ben Wade.
    [​IMG]
    My humble collection so far!

[​IMG]

Motard, BigJ, IrishRover and 8 others like this.
  9. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Strong work (errruh, PAD ;)) Shandy!

Both look highly servicable!

Ed
    Puff

shandy likes this.
  10. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Awesome Sav, Shandy! And JB, congrats on the new cob (just wait till you try some of their other models :)). Though I vowed to put the P&T budget on hold for a bit, tap the cellar and take care of other things, I succumbed once again to the siren call of TAD and scooped up a couple of tins of Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake (the cellar is rather lacking in good aros, after all), and a tin of McConnell Scottish Cake, 'cause it's really good and didn't add to the shipping cost. I'm so disappointed in myself. ;)

IrishRover, ol gto and shandy like this.
  11. shandy

shandy Member

Thank you Herb, I am very much looking forward to using it! And JB, congratulations. If you have a picture of it I would love to see it!

CMGilmore and HCraven like this.
  12. CMGilmore

CMGilmore New Member

Shandy, those are very beautiful pipes! I especially like the freehand PHBW.
    does anyone ever go into a pipe shop planning to get one thing and end up walking out with an on-a-whim pipe purchase? I went in today to purchase a straight billiard pipe similar to a Boswell that I really liked but didn't have the budget for, and i walked out with the billiard, a freehand La Rocca Italian pipe, and a 2 oz. bag of wild cherry tobacco, which is delicious in both the new pipes :) I will be posting a picture of my entire collection very soon. I thoroughly enjoy reading everyone's pipe stories and seeing all of the pictures of new purchases!
    Also, Shandy, congratulations are in order for your new Sav!

shandy likes this.
  13. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Shandy you have a great start on your collection!

Congrats again on the Sav 320. :puffy:

shandy likes this.
  14. UberHuberMan

UberHuberMan Member

That Savinelli 320 is lovely! Nice snags.

Just bought 250 grams of Commonwealth from a BoBer. I can't wait to fill a pipe with this stuff to give it a go. :puffy:

shandy likes this.
  15. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

16. shandy

shandy Member

Thanks for your kind thoughts Gentlemen, CM, would I am very much looking forward to pictures of your new purchases! I had my first bowl in the Sav today, well half, still not sure what the rules are for breaking in a new pipe! What a lovely smoke it is and I don't know if it is because of the thickness of the wood but I did not have to relight it once!

17. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Went to a local B&M this morning to get some 9mm filters for a pipe I got in trade. Too much tobacco in my mouth without a filter. Need to place an order with cup o joes to get an adapter.

However, I am glad I stopped by, I also picked up a bag of Penzance. Would have got another, but I thought it would be nice to leave it for someone else(translation: pipe fund is low).

ol gto, jpberg and dwaugh like this.
  18. Coalsmoke

Coalsmoke Member

I just picked up a new Ben Wade Town & Country along with another tin of Dunhill 965 and a tin of Peterson Old Dublin. :bing:

shandy likes this.
  19. Ashley Boyd

Ashley Boyd Member

Picked this up on ebay last night, can't wait to try it out.
    [​IMG]

Picked this up at the local B&M, not a great picture...and a tin of FMOTB.
    [​IMG]

IrishRover, shandy and ol gto like this.
  20. willie g

willie g Member

ordered a full bent rhodesian dark blast from mark tinsky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.