Latest pipe smoking purchase? (old)

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Kyle Black, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Grousemoor Plug has landed!

[​IMG]

ol gto and Elwin like this.
  2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Well now I reach a problem. The Erinmore will stay sealed until I run out of the tin (less a few bowls) that I have jarred up and feel the need to smoke some more. I have about an ounce of Night Train left from a 2oz tin, and a few bowls worth of both of the Esoterica blends from samples I received. Should I jar them up now while the real estate is available, or let them stay sealed until what I already have is gone....decisions, decisions...

None of the stuff I got, except the Erinmore, has a chance at real aging, anyway. If I decide to age either of the others, I'll order more of them after I'm a little ways into what I already have.

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

EXCELLENT choice! One of my favorite blends. If you like Grousemoor, you'll fall in love with Grousemoor Plug :D

Motard likes this.
  4. Elwin

Elwin Member

That's either a teeny, tiny knife, or one hell of a 'plug'!
    What do you buy that by - the acre?
    :eek:

Piperatthegates and TRAVIS like this.
  5. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

It's a one pound plug. :puffy:

Motard, Spaceboy Tim and ol gto like this.
  6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

He probably got a pound. I think Milan had it, but you had to buy a pound at a time. I don't have that much :( But I have a few ounces! :th1:

Edit: Beat me to the punch! I was right though, 1lb....stuff is dense as anything, too. When I cut up my Kendal and Grousemoor plugs to fit them into jars, my hand started hurting after the second slice. The stuff could be used as a weapon :ngty:

7. ol gto

ol gto Member

Dang ,brother that is a chunk what is the weight.

8. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

It's a one pound block.

ol gto likes this.
  9. ol gto

ol gto Member

Ya know you are tempting me my pad is bad enough.....lol - OK where did you get it:drly:

Lestrade likes this.
  10. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

11. ol gto

ol gto Member

Lestrade likes this.
  12. esteban

esteban Active Member

readin PSF and so many of you thought highly of older Grabows, so found an older freehand in great shape on Ebay. Reading PFS cost me a total of 11$. Can't wait to fire the old geezer up. I think its highly interesting to see the tobacco choices on this forum. Ithink Britts Balkan is in my near future. Esteban...... "All politicians should sit down and have a good pipe before any major decisions."

13. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Your very welcome. Enjoy what you get!

ol gto likes this.
  14. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

15. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

BEAUTY! Enjoy!

16. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

My order from Walker Briar Works arrived this a.m. Thank God my wife wasn't home when it came; we had the "talk" on Sunday about my pipe "obsession" (according to her anyway) which foiled my plans for that Wally Frank Canadian that db had for sale (congrats to the lucky PSF'er that got it, btw).

I broke out the stem restoration kit they sold me and went to work. It's said to remove oxidation from stems without the need for buffing, just rubbing the paste into the problem area and wiping dry. Well....granted the stem I experminted on is a lovely greenish/brown hue, so it may take a few applications. I'll try it on another pipe before I cry horses%#t.

However, I did receive the MM Country Gentleman I thought I'd throw in to the order just to fill in space in the shipping container (thinking green here) and was I surprised. The quality of cob in the CG vs the MM Pride is substantial.

I've been forced off briar purchases for the next little while by love muffin, and I've determined to focus more on a tobacco cellar when I do resume buying, but I think I'll definately buy a few more MM CG's as time goes on.

When I first signed up on this forum I thought smoking a cob was for hillbilly's & rednecks (which being a native West Virginian I've had an earfull of) but man have I been schooled by the fine folks here.

I have my rotation of briars and love them, but I think having a few more cobs in the stable is a must! And the MM Country Gentleman is a fine cob.

Motard and Kiowapipe like this.
  17. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

It is, somebody here must have messing with you, cracker.

Okay in case you don't know, I'm teasing. These new mods are pretty serious, so I feel the need for the disclaimer.:booty:

Johnny Dingo, Ted Vig and Stonewall like this.
  18. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

:xd: I have been fighting the urge to buy some Sears & Roebuck bib overalls...

Motard, ol gto and jpberg like this.
  19. WWhermit

WWhermit Member

P&C is giving 29% off all their H&H blends (except Marquee series) at checkout until 3/2, so I thought I'd use it as an excuse for the latest order this morning:

100g Grey Havens
    100g Deep Hollow
    100g Royal Cajun Dark
    100g Brindle Flake
    50g Orlik Golden Sliced
    4oz PS Pistacchio
    8oz H&H LJ Heart Virginia
    1 pouch Sir Walter Raleigh
    50g Solani 633

Whatever excuse we can find to justify saving 5 bucks on a $100 order, right?

WWhermit
    :bing:

Lestrade likes this.
  20. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

You will be busy for a while. :bing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.