1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest pipe smoking purchase? (old)

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Kyle Black, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Awesome!

Spillproof and dwaugh like this.
  2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Gave up on this last night at the 76.00 mark. Most times I would've chased it a lot farther, but the Dunhill put a hurt on my play money. Too bad, there wasn't a lot of interest, probably could've kept it under a hundred.

Piperatthegates likes this.
  3. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I just ordered another dozen MM Washington cobs to add to the rotation and scatter about.

Spillproof likes this.
  4. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

I miss that blend and Bohemian Scandal.

5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I have a MM General coming, sold and modded by our own dgerwin!!! Really looking forward to trying out a cob and decided to get the best I could find. :th1:

Also have one of those metal pipes from that Estonian Ebay dude that Remington is touting. Trying to branch out from the meers, just for fun.

Also just got a JR Cigar order of 3 tins each of Blackwoods Flake, Dark Star (thanks to Glenn for showing me how to prep this crazy stuff!) and Virginia #24, as well as a single tin of C&D Red Carpet, a new-to-me blend.

This along with my new Tekin meerschaum have made March and my recent tooth extraction much more bearable. (March is a quarter-end at work and very stressful).

Spillproof likes this.
  6. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Pipestud has a tin for $95.00 bucks.:)

7. Brian Damage

Brian Damage Member

8. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

My cute lady mail carrier brought me Lane 1Q, Black Cavendidh, & RLP-6 last wek. The big brown truck brought me GLP:Ciro, C&D:Opening Night, & Peterson: Connoisseur's Choice today.

9. James Horton

James Horton Member

Here was my latest purchase and I will also post a picture of a gift given to me this weekend.

[​IMG]

Here is my recent gift as of this past Saturday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

What kind of pipe is this? I like it!:th1:

11. Alamo

Alamo Member

Here's my starter set so far!
    Hope to get a few more pipes and a couple different tobaccos as soon as I get my smoking technique down

[​IMG]

12. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

I had a pouch of the TG Irish Creme not too long ago... At first I didn't like the flavor but it didn't take long for it to grow on me... Keep that blend in your cobs and smoke it SUPER slow, and its a nice smoke.. Rush it even the least little bit, and it'll rip into your tongue like a rabid dog... at least that was my experience.. Not a bad smoke.. just keep it very very slow and you should enjoy it.

Alamo likes this.
  13. Alamo

Alamo Member

I've also noticed the bite from the Irish Creme
    Being new does not help the fact either! I need to get my packing method down so I can get a good light that doesn't go out. I also tend to really draw deep and hard when I think the pipe if going out, which may or may not be the best idea

Still in the learning process, and so far, I'm liking it!

14. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Wanted to show off my Saturday visit from the mail man...
    [​IMG]
    Heck of a steal from JRCigar.. stuffed full 100g tins for under 11 bucks a tin. WOOHOO!

Spillproof, dwaugh, Mington and 2 others like this.
  15. Brian Damage

Brian Damage Member

It's a no name. I assume it is some big companies second because other than the mortice being misdrilled (which doesn't affect the smoking just has an off center tenon to align) it is pretty high quality. It's prettier in person too.

16. beammeuptothesky

beammeuptothesky Member

Here are a few pipes and some tobacco that I managed to acquire these past few months. Oh yea, the pipe Gods have been good!! :bing:

Tobacco tins, Peterson Kapet 03, Savinelli Duca Carlo 315, Savinelli Tevere 320:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!!

~Aaron

17. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Not exactly a purchase....
    I met another carver at the pipe show a couple of years ago...he's retired Mil, working security for the State Dept" over there", so isn't home often. We managed to get together here on Sunday...spent some quality time in the shop comparing pipe carving notes and techniques. I showed off my lathe by drilling a block (he's using a drill press right now), and gave it and some bamboo to him to "play with".
    When he was getting ready to leave, he handed me this beauty:
    [​IMG] My new Hester billiard

I'm delighted to say that it smokes a treat, and has a great tactile "hand" feel. Thanks Charles....stay safe!

18. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

My latest pipe smoking purchase was Mixture 79. I know a lot of you secretly love it, and that's ok...

19. ken davis

ken davis Member

Just got my order delivered from 4noggins....a pound +2oz of C&D Nighttrain. A tin of Irish Oak. A tin of 3Ps. A tin of University Flake and 14 oz Granger tin

Old Codger and ol gto like this.
  20. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

At two seperate smoke shops I stumbled upon a MM patriot and some erinmore flake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.