Latest pipe smoking purchase?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokerpipe

smokerpipe Member

McConnell's from www.camelot.hr

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jdto, jpberg and Svart like this.
  2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Dang Monkey 104_2421.JPG

jdto and Spillproof like this.
  3. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

[​IMG]

12 oz. Stonehaven
    8 oz. Penzance
    4 oz. Lancer Slices

Not bad! :D

All this from my B&M to boot!

Stonewall, jdto, Spillproof and 3 others like this.
  4. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

I hate you..can't find any of that anywhere

5. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

Me either :(

6. Bradabelko4

Bradabelko4 Member

Well Dalton and I decided to go to our local B&M after I decided to skip my first two classes. He wanted my recommendations on some beginner pipe tobacco.
    He picked out the same POS as my first pipe was (but he already has a bent Ozark), except his was straight. I thought Frog Morton on the Town would be a good intro to english blends (mainly because everyone here thinks so). I also chose Ashton's Winding Road, "a bridge between aros and traditional english blends", incase he found he didn't like nonaro toby.

I found they had 1 MM Diplomat left so I snatched it as soon as I saw it. Then I thought proactively and bought myself a tin of Dunhill London Mixture.

We sat and smoked a bowl of FMOTT, then I smoked a bowl of the Winding road and he tried a small sample of it. We found both to be incredibly enjoyable. He also gave me a generous sample of the Blackberry Brandy he already had.

I can see in the future the two of us being pipe smokers being a great thing, as friends and pipe smokers!

Spillproof likes this.
  7. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

Yea, it's definitely a plus having someone nearby to share this wonderful hobby with, I wish there were more around me :th1:

8. Bradabelko4

Bradabelko4 Member

Not only that, but we don't have to go through the hassle to try samples, and we could even go halfs on a tin, it seems that we both like variety.

9. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

That's what I'm sayin ;). Not only do you have someone who you can enjoy your pipe with and engage in intellectual conversation, but you can buy tins and split them, or if he has something you've never heard of and you like the smell you can try some. ect ect

10. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

Forgot to mention, you can also (both of you being fairly new, you being slightly more experienced) can share techniques, tips, and tricks

11. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

American Spirit Perique Blend. The reviewers weren't kidding when they said it had a lot of nicotine! Feels like a cigar kick from a pipe.

OldSouled65 and user3221 like this.
  12. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Finally someone here smokes American Spirit Tobacco
    That my friend just won you a free Rock Cob

just message me for details !
    :toast:

13. Albert

Albert Active Member

You can get it as a pipe tobacco? I just had a AS Perique blend cig about 3 mins ago.

OldSouled65 and dwaugh like this.
  14. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

G&H Black Irish X.

500 grams.

This stuff is moist when fresh!

Now...to plan October's bulk purchase....(that will probably be snuff...)

15. Tsal

Tsal Well-Known Member

Just ordered a pound of Mississippi River! This is my all time favorite baccy!

OldSouled65 and user2725 like this.
  16. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

Yeah, it's good stuff, Tsal. I still have about half a pound in my cellar with about 3 yrs of age on it

17. Mount Mandolin

Yeah, I kinda felt bad posting it, but I'm sure your cigar humidor could reduce me to tears, lol. You can't find Lancer Slices, though? My B&M tends to have a fair amount of it on hand on a regular basis.

18. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

I have some aging. I will retry it in a year or so....I wasn't impressed with the fresh stuff.

19. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Two new pipes this week.

The Peterson is a real beauty, though the seller's claim that it was "ready to smoke" was somewhat disavowed by my little pipe cleaner and alcohol, which took a few tries to come out of the stem clean. The bowl has been reamed nicely, but there is no hiding the Latakia ghost in this bad boy. I've got it in salt/alcohol treatment, though I think I'll just end up using it as a lat blend pipe. Peterson Deluxe System Sandblast Black 1s

[​IMG]

The Stanwell Danish Reserve #64 is a really nice bent Dublin shape. The auction didn't have the greatest photos and this one showed up pretty nasty, with a ton of gross cake that was all up on the rim, as well as the stem a bit chewed and oxidized. I didn't want to take a risk with the plateau rim and I can't get the proper tools for the work, so I've sent it off to Walker Briar Works for restoration.

[​IMG]

highstump, Svart, Raffxr7 and 4 others like this.
  20. Mount Mandolin

^ That's a great week right there!

Stopped by the grocery store on the way home and grabbed this:

[​IMG]

They had the tubs but I didn't want to spend the coin at the moment, so yeah. Exciting stuff, I know. You're welcome.

highstump, Svart, dwaugh and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.