Latest pipe smoking purchase?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

That particular one is a Grand Duke. I love that shape, I'd never tried it before, but man, its perfect for clenching. The slight bend is awesome. This is fast becoming one of my favorite Grabow's.

Darkly likes this.
  2. Svart

Svart Member

I just got today these 2 new pipes today

This one is a Vauen pipe (p-lip system)
    [​IMG]

This one is a Irwin's pipe
    [​IMG]
    I absolutely adore both of them and both of them smoke perfect.

3. Bman64

Bman64 Member

Just found a 2010 tin of Eric Nordings Fox Hound....? Don't know much about it, but I'll review it as soon as I do

4. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

This is too easy. I type some numbers into the computer and they send me tobacco. How bout that.

Can't thank dwaugh enough for turning me on to Navy mixture and Dark Twist. :D
    [​IMG]

jdto, Old Codger and Skrymr like this.
  5. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

Bought 2 tins of MacB Dark Twist, 2 tins of MacB Vanilla Cream, and a tin of MacB Virginia No. 1 at the local B&M.

Stormy likes this.
  6. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

Long story - Stopped by a local place the other day and saw they had two pouches of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic for about 5$ apiece. Looked like they'd been there a while and I figured the shop probably won't be getting more so I bought both. I never smoked this blend myself, but it was one of my Grandfather's go-to blends so I thought I'd give it a try for old time's sake, and it smelled wonderful through the pouch, so I was mildly excited. What do you know, BONE DRY upon opening, literally made me sneeze. I packed a crunchy half bowl and it was over in minutes, it burned so fast. Smelled extremely meh once lit. Had me coughing like billy-oh. So now I'm re-hydrating it with some apple slices and it's coming along nicely. I hear lots of people warn against this process as it imparts a new flavor to the tobacco, but it seems to be developing a heavenly hard-cider-rum-liquor like note and I'm excited to try it again. No matter what happens, it will have been a cheap experiment and a good learning experience all around :P Wish me luck!

Yossarian, Old Codger and browny like this.
  7. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

^ Go get you a fresh pouch. SWRA is great, one of the only aromatics I like and brings back great memories for me.

[​IMG]

The Peter Heinrich one is 100g of Special Curly. Nice way to improve my Tuesday right here. All of these are getting squirreled away for awhile.

jdto and Albert like this.
  8. Tsal

Tsal Well-Known Member

Today I picked up two tins of Dunhill Flake and a 50g tin Frog Morton on the Bayou.

Old Codger and Stormy like this.
  9. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Two 250gr boxes of SG Skiff finally arrived...

10. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

I forgot to post this, but a couple of weeks ago I went to a local cig outlet (not a head shop) and bought a pouch of CH for a fellow PSFer who can't get it in his country. The store has several popular OTCs, some bulk Lane blends and a nice assortment of Cobs, all smaller versions. While I was there I notice a new rack of Dr. Gs. They had several styles including freehands. I have been in this place several times and never saw the Dr. Gs. They were displayed directly under the OTCs, so I could not have missed them before. It is encouraging to see and I wonder how they will sell. I don't see many pipe smokers in Tallahassee.

11. RS422

RS422 Member

One tin of Mac-Baren Old Dark Fired. Can't wait to get it in the mail.

TedVig likes this.
  12. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I broke down and bought a Peterson 313 made in 1972 and unsmoked from EBay. I couldn't resist, he had a $55 buy it now price on it and it was mint. My wife is going to **** fire!

Old Codger, conroygc, Scurvy and 2 others like this.
  13. Goat

Goat Active Member

This pic is already in another thread but I like this pipe so much I had to post it again. Just came in the mail today. :beck:
    [​IMG]

14. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Just picked up a few new MM Spools at my local B&M. All will be spillproofized shortly.

Old Codger, MainePipe, Albert and 2 others like this.
  15. MainePipe

MainePipe Member

Spill,

One of these days I'm gonna commission you to make me one of those!

16. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Bribe with goods, berate into submission, or capitalize on friendship; but no commission's accepted.

17. MainePipe

MainePipe Member

hmmmm....McCranie's Red Ribbion :bing: ....Make me a Spillproofized cob :old:.... to friendship! :toast:

:whis:

Spillproof likes this.
  18. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Vintage Trapwell Adjustomatic Tobacco Pipe from eBay with original box and bag. I am still searching for a King David and Spartan to finish out my vintage Dr. Grabow line.

jdto likes this.
  19. Bradabelko4

Bradabelko4 Member

Boughr a new bent Ozark Hardwood and another pouch of H&H. I swear these hardwoods are the worst pipes to break in.

jdto likes this.
  20. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

I just placed my first ever order with WVsmokeshop
    Picked up two windcaps, two knockers, a new pipe tamper tool.. and
    half pound of Lane 1q, half pound of PS LNF, and a pouch of M79..
    It's gonna be a good birthday for this fat boy!

Old Codger, TedVig, Artistik and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.