Latest pipe smoking purchase?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

That is a block from my work! I'll have to go on Tuesday! Haven't been to tobacco Grove. I'll have to trek out there sometime. I like golden leaf a lot.

2. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

It's about a half mile from my workplace, too. Hopefully they have inventory left. The blends I went there to pick up, Hunt Club and Irish Aromatic, were completely out of stock for good (for that location, anyways), although they had some other Uhle's blends still around. The bulk of their pipe selection was limited to some Dr. Grabows from what I could tell.

3. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

4. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Finally made it into the City
    could not find the 1 an only "Pipe" shop

so settled for discount smoke shop
    and picked a few necessities

104_2684.JPG

country.jpg

great ride home

5. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

To treat myself this week on reaching another birthday alive and sane (by most accounts anyways), I went to P&C and ordered myself a no-nonsense Grabow Freehand Smooth and 4oz of Newminster Imperial Nougat - all for under 38$. Assuming I enjoy the Nougat as a primo aromatic as much as I've enjoyed English Luxus as a medium English/Virginia blend, I'll keep exploring this very affordable new line of tobies and the new Grabow will be my Newminster bowl of choice. At least until some more exciting pipe comes along. I'm not too fancy or picky about my pipes as long as they smoke well and are comfortable. :)

6. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Been a while since I could contribute to this thread. Even though I can't smoke 'til Friday, I still picked these up:

[​IMG]

7. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Professor likes this.
  8. jpberg

I think the replacement (albeit factory) stem may have turned the noses of purists on this one. I'm about as pure as pig feed, so it works really well for me.

The 73 is new for me, but I may never see it again, so whaddaya goin to do?

9. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

200 for a tin? Jeeeeeeezzzz.

When I grow up...

jpberg likes this.
  10. jpberg

Yes, little Timmy, when you grow up and lose most of your common sense to the fog of semi-prosperous middle age, you'll be able to justify 200 bucks for 25 bowls.

Oh wait, you're a cigar smoker. Never mind, you've already passed that threshold.

Professor, dwaugh, Spillproof and 3 others like this.
  11. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

HAHAHAHA well played...I haven't even thought of equating a tin to a box.

jpberg likes this.
  12. piper mike

piper mike Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Finally received the pipes I won on line there r 7 total and a stand so I took out the worst one (a little Dr graboW) and started on it still got some work to gobut me and my boys are having a blast

Artistik and Raffxr7 like this.
  13. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Here's my new unsmoked GBD New Era 240L Billiard. The briar looks great and really came to life with some Denicare bowl polish. It took a lot of elbow grease to get the oxidation off the stem, but I think it might need a bit more work and I'll likely hit it again with the Walker kit in the near future. Unfortunately, the draft hole had been overdrilled (hence the unsmoked, I guess), so I filled the hole with some pipe cement and it now looks good to go. Time to fire it up and see what happens!

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Mount Mandolin

^ Wow, nice GLP, er, I mean, GBD. :D Really like that blast.

jdto and OldSouled65 like this.
  15. browny

browny Member

Whats the American Spirit like? we have that here and the additive free got me curious

16. Mount Mandolin

It's cigarette tobacco, really. Really shaggy cut, which is why in the Now Smoking thread he mentioned that it burned the hell out of his tongue. :) Cigarette tobacco just burns too hot in a pipe.

It's damn good cigarette tobacco, though, if you smoke cigarettes (which I have been known to do). Probably the best cig you can smoke.

browny and OldSouled65 like this.
  17. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

It's definitely up there in good quality cigs, I know i'm not better off, but it makes me feel that way :xd:

browny likes this.
  18. browny

browny Member

Cheers, I asked since at work I still go the cig's but they're dwindling... I have finally come across a decent shop just need to get my butt in gear and do the drive down there.

19. redskull13

redskull13 Member

I purchased a Peterson bent system standard pipe off fleabay yesterday.
    Waiting for it to come in the mail.
    It's an Estate pipe stated to be dated 1950.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also ordered in a 100gram tin of Orlik Golden Sliced and a 50 gram tin of Pembroke Esoterica to accompany the new "used" pipe.

Professor, Buckshot and jdto like this.
  20. Polymoog

Polymoog Member

[​IMG]
    Just had a delivery from mysmokingshop:puffy:
    Im a recent convert to the SG FVF after being sent a sample from Buist and condsider it to be essential to any respectable cellar!
    Rich dark flake is another one of my favourites and at the rate im getting through it topping up my supply was needed.
    The peterson christmas blend 2012 is a new one to me and i guess they change it every year, and you have to buy a 100g tin so its not cheap but it smells amazing, can't wait to try it in my 1895 christmas pipe that is on its way back from being repaired.
    the filters were an impulse buy as some of my pipes will take these but never used one before, do they change the smoke much?

Cheers P

Professor and Mount Mandolin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.