1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest pipe smoking purchase?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

Used the last of my birthday money to secure an estate Biltmore pipe for oriental blends, so I don't always have to use my enormous Elk. I don't often browse eBay for pipes but I rather liked this one. About 5 5/8" long with a 7/8" bowl :)

[​IMG]

Po Lazarus, Old Codger and Professor like this.
  2. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

All 3 of those are absolutely gorgeous! (the middle one is my fav though)

Smokingmiami and Alan Dye like this.
  3. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Picked up a Sasieni second, Richmond pipe. Full bent smooth grain brandy. The flaw, the draw hole slightly off to the right, but perfectly positioned at the bottom of the bowl. Very nice seconds pipe. Unsmoked.

4. CarlBC

CarlBC Member

A 12-year-old tin of McClelland's Oriental No.1.

Old Codger and Professor like this.
  5. user2725

user2725 Active Member

A Chacom Tom Eltang Contrast Oscar...
    [​IMG]

6. County Mountie

County Mountie Active Member

Amazing pipe

Professor, gentimmy and user2725 like this.
  7. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

This just in :drly:

[​IMG]

dwaugh, conroygc, jdto and 6 others like this.
  8. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Just got these in the mail. A Stanwell featherweight, some Blackwoods flake and 2oz of McC 2020. Packed up the new pipe with some of the 2020.
    [​IMG]

9. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

[​IMG]

Well, gentleman, the crops came in with the post this afternoon - my first ever McClelland tins, Royal Cajun Dark and Frog Morton's Cellar, arrived along with 4 oz of Newminster SNF. All of them smell heavenly. I've loaded up the Diplomat with Royal Cajun Dark and the Country Gent with SNF (one flake, rubbed out) for later this evening. Now, I have to finish this Grabow Omega full of Shortcut to Mushrooms...

10. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

Put in an order today for some softy bits (I only use them on my cobs), bent amber stems for my MMs, and on a whim I ordered a cherry MM Ozark mini hardwood. I think once I get some cake in that sucker it will make for a good commuting pipe. 2$ says it's worth a shot!

Oh and I also picked up the sample pack of P&C's exclusive Brigadier Black line, made for them by Altadis. I've heard good things and I'm always on the lookout for another good, cheap aro.

11. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Some SG Navy Flake and Mac B Vintage Syrian showed up today.
    [​IMG]

12. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

I didn't think too much of the notice from PipesandCigars about their McClelland sale, but then I got to thinking, "Maybe I should stock up on some Dark Star." I chewed that over for a while and then thought, "Maybe I should get a few and try a few new blends. McC does have so many and I've hardly tried any!" But then I realized "I've been trying an awful lot of tobacco recently. I'll stick with stocking up on one I love... plus there's even more discount at 5 tins!" The story goes on for a bit but the short of it is I got a nice big box in the mail today!

10x 50g tins McClelland Dark Star
    16 oz Newminster Superior Navy Flake
    4 oz Newminster English Luxus
    4 oz Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club VR Blend

The first two are already stashed away and I'm eager to try the latter two.

13. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

DAMN

County Mountie and Snake like this.
  14. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

GT,
    You summed that TAD up
    nicely in one word!

gentimmy likes this.
  15. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

Jeepers, son, that's a lot of DS and SNF! I just tried the latter today and really enjoyed it. Definitely going to be a standby. Regarding Dark Star, I haven't tried it but I hear Cajun Special is similar. Just tried the Cajun blend and it knocked my socks off! Got to give Dark Star a try soon.

Let me know what you think of English Luxus, that stuff really grew on me - fantastic blend. I'm hankering to buy more, haven't had a chance to find out whether Golden Leaf has it or for what price. Remember, smaller bowls... ;)

16. dbt13

dbt13 Sales Account

Went to Pipes by George in Raleigh this morning. Picked up a tin of FM on the Bayou and Esoterica Margate.

He also had a little Penzance left in an opened 8oz bag...so yeah I had to get that too.

Tony Malerich likes this.
  17. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

I think the "best" part of this was that I intended to get 5x100g tins, but due to backorder and a promptly resolved "issue" with when I was charged they just sent me 10x50g. I go through a 50 g tin slowly enough I thought this was absolutely fantastic!

I know some have found SNF to be a "substandard navy flake." Whatever, I adore it. At $28/lb this is the... third pound I've bought since its release for my cellar. I think I'm good for now so I can move on to other blends.

I tried the VR this afternoon (good stuff). I'm sure I'll get to the Luxus this weekend. If it doesn't work for me I'll let you know ;)

18. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Is that a Sheltie back there?

19. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

Yep my Blue Merle boy Tango

[​IMG]

dwaugh likes this.
  20. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

My first briar. A no-name billiard I bought on ebay.

[​IMG]

It has a few nicks on the outside, but it was cheap and I like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.