1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest pipe smoking purchase?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Carey from ebay

I spend a few minutes and got her all cleaned up and ready to roll

can't wait to try her out ! 104_3063.JPG

Mington, jdto, Professor and 4 others like this.
  2. Po Lazarus

Po Lazarus Member

I was curious what paying for a more expensive pipe gets you and, hell, my birthday is coming up in a month or so:

[​IMG]

Ardor Urano bent bulldog. I really dig the shape and the rustication. It feels nice to hold. Was also surprised at how light it is for being pretty large. And that is a BIG bowl.

3. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

My order of the Brigadier Black sampler from P&C came in, along with some new cob stems, softy bits and a mini Ozark Hardwood by MM :D Can't wait to finish supper so I can try them all!

Morse and user3221 like this.
  4. Bear84

Bear84 Member

My order came in from Smoking Pipes, got a new Sav big billiard, so far kinda like the filter. Also got some Joe Krantz,AM Pipe, Briar Fox, Full English, and some 5100. :thu2:

Smokingmiami and user3221 like this.
  5. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

This is my last order for the year. I promise. If not the kids are really not going to like Santa.
    [​IMG]

6. Skiballa

Skiballa Member

A lb. of Newminster SNF, 2 50g tins of OGS, and a few ounces each of latakia and perique to blend with my home grown virginia leaf.

7. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

Bought some small mason jars, and masking tape for labels, to keep my regular tobies in. Finally got sick of plastic bags, cleared out some space for the jars, and everything plays nice now. Jars and tins from here on out!

MikeInMaine, Alan Dye and Morse like this.
  8. Griz

Griz Active Member

I was just looking .... I swear!! I just wanted to see all the beautiful pipes and designs out there and stumbled on this one. I kept going back.... day after day. Finally, about 5 minutes ago, I pulled the trigger. I LOVE the look of this pipe. Absolutely love it. In my newbness I'm not sure of the maker and such but it really doesn't matter to me, I had to have it. *sigh* I already had G.A.S. .... now I have a new acronym to deal with ( and explain to the lovely Grizette :D )If it ships today I'll have it filled and smoked on Sunday.

My 2nd pipe. A Stanwell Duke panel shank Billiard. [​IMG]

9. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I got some goodies today, myself.

A gourd calabash. I'm not sure if the bowl is press meer or something else. Maybe some sort of porcelain. It has a crack on one side, but it doesn't appear to go all the way through. I had Walker Briar Works make a new stem and it's quite nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also made a stand for it with a piece of creased strop leather I had (no good for stropping, so why not for this?)
    [​IMG]

Then I got this little guy.

Dunhill Bruyere 32 Group 1 1964
    A perfect size for when it's 15 below! I've included another pipe and the lighter for some size perspective. It's small, but it's really a beauty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Member

Solved an ol' case of the TAD. Also, picked up (and cleaned up) a London made Biltmore Sandblast. I'm set for a good while...I think.

[​IMG]

Smokingmiami, Mington, jdto and 3 others like this.
  11. Griz

Griz Active Member

Newb question alert!!!

That twist baccy, you chop it yourself? So far the 4 tobaccos I've bought have all been from a jar and put into a plastic bag chopped up already ( chiffonade style for lack of proper term knowledge. )

Alan Dye likes this.
  12. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

A friend owns a B&M.
    Since the Vegas show he's been "motivated" to move a few pipes.
    So we did a trade. I gave him a '77 Dunhill billiard and he gave me a 2000 Radice Bark (twin-bore, oil cured, faux bamboo [briar] shank).

[​IMG]

With that completed, we had a cigar and chatted for a bit yesterday.
    As I was leaving the shop he handed me this, and said Happy Birthday Dave (*he knew I'd been eyeballing this pipe for some time).

GG Castello Bulldog (*my dog is bigger than yours):
    [​IMG]

Look at it mock my "little" Sas (which is huge):
    [​IMG]

Old Codger, Morse, Stormy and 16 others like this.
  13. Alan Dye

Alan Dye Member

Wow, WOw, WOW! That is a beautiful castello, and a bulldog shape to boot! I can see why you've been giving it the eye. Probably should keep that away from JPBerg...

jpberg and Spillproof like this.
  14. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

That's a secksy looking Castello Spill, but I still think your BST is secksier!

Well, I guess that opinion is biased since I'm not a huge fan of smooth finishes ;)

15. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

My new Tinsky showed up today. I'm gobsmacked by how nice this pipe is (photos are Mark's, I'll take more when I get home).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

Jeeeeeze jdto, now you're going to make me retract the statement I just made about not being a huge fan of smooth finishes...thats some great looking grain on that hunk o briar!

You dun did good!

jdto likes this.
  17. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

What would you call that shape?

18. Skiballa

Skiballa Member

I'd call it a tomato, but it's your pipe, so you can call it whatever you want. :D

Smokingmiami, Mount Mandolin and jdto like this.
  19. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

I second tomato

jdto likes this.
  20. Griz

Griz Active Member

Grizette made a rather astute observation about my newest pipe and suggested I might be stuck in a rut. I, however have turned it to my advantage and have come up with a new acronym! I do not have P.A.D. I have B.A.A.D. ( or IT baad ... time will tell :D ) The Stanwell ( I read up on em and feel good about my purchase! WOO HOO although I still would have bought it even if it was crackler jacks material... DAT PIPE! ) is a complete match to my current daily thumper. ( not the complete 19 year old diva that MUST be in every picture ) [​IMG]

So, it is a bass accessory. I have Bass Accessory Acquisition Disorder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.