1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Layering Different Baccy's

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Pecci, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

I had a thought! That's worth a post in itself!

Has anyone ever layered different tobacco types in their bowl? I realize their would be more ghosting than on Halloween night, but thought it was worth asking!

2. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Ah yes, the parfait, the black and tan. Its come up several times independently by different people.

Though I still haven't gotten around to trying it.

3. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Me either. Good tobacco I'm happy to enjoy as is and less than good I do a little "kitchen sink" bolending with.

4. dfrontiera

dfrontiera Member

Interesting concept though I think I'd first rather mess with blending. Mixing different toby's for new flavor experiences. Plus I would have to assume there is some sort of technique needed to layer toby's in a pipe, and personally I'm still learning to just pack my pipe right so that I can keep the flavor the entire way down the bowl.

5. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

6. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Thanks, Donde. That's a good thread. I'm guessing this could be interesting to try.

I wonder if the order of tobacco, should be as is while wine-tasting. The sweet stuff or aromatics, after or on top of the a burly or virginia, or whatever.

What combos do you think would be best?

7. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

A parfait, I dont do it, I just move on to something I like.

8. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

It's fun to just try out different stuff...a heavy english over a light english... or a rum blend over a chocolate flake. :bing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.