Left or Right Handed

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user3221, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

Yeah, I try to shift to the right periodically but it always gravitates back to my left side really quickly.

2. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Active Member

I clench on the left, I do swap to the right sometimes but it slowly swings back. I'm left handed tho.

3. buistd

buistd Sales Account

I am right handed. Hold my pipe in my left, clench on the left and hold my lighter in the right. I would say that what you have is a good pipe for a right-hander. Probably worth specifying how you define a right-handed pipe though in any listing information.

4. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

I've got a freestyle (by Blakemar) very like the one in the OP photo, which is also higher on the left. I've also got a clay churchwarden, the stem of which has a slight bend to the right, as well as the intended vertical curve. They are my only pipes that could be described as handed. (I'm a southpaw myself, fwiw.)

5. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I think that the OPs original query was about the PIPE...if it were left or right handed....not the piper. Just sayin'....................:whis:

6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Correct

but it has helped to know how you lefty and righty people actually use the pipe to gain better overall understanding

7. phinz

phinz Active Member

Send it to me. I'll perform extensive ambidextrous testing, will collate my results and report back. Heck, I might even supply a pie chart. I like pie.

user3221 likes this.
  8. furious

furious Junque collector

I'd say that one's dominant hand is opposite the side of the mouth on which the pipe is customarily clenched.

9. user3221

user3221 Active Member

apple pie is good !

phinz and Raffxr7 like this.
  10. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Pipe is on the left side of my mouth, or held in left hand, and lighter in left hand. I cannot operate a lighter right handed. Sometimes I can hold a pipe in my right hand. I often TRY to light with that hand too, in case I learn some new tricks along the way. I vote advertising it as an ambidextrous pipe, with benefits to being held in the left hand and lit with the right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.