1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

LePeltier Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by FrankB, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrankB

FrankB Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Howdy All, went to their website and checked out their wares.I really like the undecorated bowls.Wondering if any of you own one and if so how does it smoke?FrankB
  2. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

Jan 6, 2010
    don't own a lepeltier but i do own a few clays. they're great smokes, up there with meerschaum once you burn the sort of gritty taste out of them, and the thing about them smoking hot and wet is a myth (at least in my experience). if it weren't for the fragility i'd probably carry one daily.
  3. WillH

WillH Active Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Interesting! The pipe design is similar to a Calabash with the bottom draft hole. Also the cooling chamber is a neat idea - but how do you clean the thing? Just reading what they have to say it appears they gave their pipes some thought. What the heck, give one a try. :roflmao:

4. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Never had one before but they look nice, and with a decent price it seems.
  5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Hi All,

Not often I find myself thinking differently from Liam (Dubhara) but on this occasion I'm afraid I do.

In my ignorance back in the mid 70s I bought a LePeltier thinking it was a meerschaum - yes I know Lamebrain but as I once said there's not a pipe smoking mistake I haven't made at some stage in my career!

No matter what I tried with it it tasted earthy, even with Condor Long Cut aboard and it did get very hot with me. In time the cork insert crubled and I gave up on it as a bad job. For me personally the only good thing about it was it introduced me to Lucite stems!

That said the company is still in business and people are still buying their pipes,

Best to all

6. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    I have one of such as you speak. Mines a cognac, its a little heavy for clinching and the chamber is on the small side but it smokes well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.