Limited Dunhills

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by buistd, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Hi there - I was talking to a colleague yesterday whose Dad used to work at The Savoy in London. Back in those days Dunhill used to hold some kind of event there and gave the hotel staff pipes as gifts for putting them up. Apparently these were often "Transformers" pipes, i.e. they looked like, for example, a dagger and you could move a couple of bits around and hey presto, it becomes a pipe. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

shadow likes this.
  2. johnhwatson

johnhwatson Member

I've never seen any transformer pipes made by Dunhill. I found this one (www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170555858394) made in France from 1900 which was designed to look like a champagne bottle and doubles as a tamper or glass.

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

I've never heard of those Transformers.... shame on me... thanks for this, David!
    I think I might have to investigate!:)

4. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I've seen some pretty strange Dunhills, the RTDA pipes were pretty unique, but never a transformer type thing.

5. buistd

buistd Sales Account

I'll ask the guy to get some photos or something. Of course I made the mistake of telling him that they would probably be valuable. I should have told him that they would be worthless and that I would happily dispose of them for him!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.