1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Local B&M has DH 965, Lane (old?)

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Puff The Magic, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Mar 15, 2010
    The other day, I picked up 2 oz of this at $8+/oz, not bad I guess.

Tonight I went to a different local B&M and got the same (Lane) MM 965 for $14+/quarter lb! Whoaaahhh! Good deal? No?

I was never "into" DH toby. In fact, just the tin/jar note of 965 made me run! Well, I no longer run and it's actually pretty darned good! So, I'm pretty happy.

I saw the bulk bags they came from and it had the DH logo on the front of the bag and distributed by Lane.........so I guess this stuff has been in their cupboards/jars for maybe 10 yrs or so?

Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff
  2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Jun 13, 2010
    Excellent score, Ed! Enjoy smoking that vintage.

3. daveinlax

daveinlax Member

Apr 3, 2010
    That's a very good price!! The last Lane/Dunhill tobacco I got was well over a year ago I paid just over $60 dollars a lb. I cleaned out a shop of a bag and half of EMP and a bag of CA.
    I wouldn't think it could be ten years old unless that store had no traffic at all. I believe Lane produced the Dunhill bulk tobaccos until the merger('07?) into Conwood and the distribution split with BAT. Who knows??? I'm just happy to hear CAO will bring in the Orlik made stuff in bulk bags. :wtf:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.