1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Longchamps Pipes?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by basil, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basil

basil Member

Howdy all,

So the other day I took a stroll into an antique shop and they had a few of the lonchamps pipes. They looked pretty interesting being leather covered and all so I picked them up.

I've been looking around for some info about the company but all I get is the bags not the pipes. Lol my fiancé now thinks I'm researching a bag for her.

But does anyone know of any good sources or even know of any reviews of them?

2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

3. basil

basil Member

There's a pipedia?? Wow my research skills have been lacking!

Hmm so it seems that the pipes are from at least 1980. Older than me!

4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Pretty neat history. Thanks for posting that JP. I'd heard of the brand, but did not know they were popular with WWII American soldiers or that Elvis had one. Seems to take them up a notch for me.

5. kennerth

kennerth Member

I've got 4 coming in on from ebay. I use a leather cleaner and then baseball glove treatment when cleaning them up. The are great smokers and cool to hold, in every meaning of that word!

6. basil

basil Member

Ah you must have won that set of four I was watching!

7. kennerth

kennerth Member

lol sorry!

8. Charles

Charles Member

I have an Old Vic pigskin poker. Its a lovely little pipe. Really small bowl. Great for smoking a half flake when I don't have 2 hours to smoke a full flake.

9. basil

basil Member

lol no worries! i wasn't serious about buying them. I didn't put a bid in either i was waiting to see how high they would go.

Although if I hadn't scored some other longchamp pipes i would have put in for them lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.