Looking for a good night time tobacco.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by tylerupchurch, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tylerupchurch

tylerupchurch Member

Im looking for a good late night smoke tobacco with a nice nic hit and a nice smooth and sweet finish.

Im stepping away from aros and im waiting for my tins of deep hollow and Fm on the town to come in and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions.

2. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Most look for a milder smoke at bedtime because too much nicotine can keep one up at night, but here's two that I found to have a satisfying amount of Vitamin N and great flavor/room note to boot: C & D Autumn Evening and Benjamin Hartwell's Evening Stroll. While these are aros, I don't find either of them to be at all goopy and both have an excellent tobacco base.

3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

As I've got older I find myself either vivting the loo more during the night or simply waking up for no apparent reason - and there's nothing like a cup of tea and a pipe in the wee sma' hour to settle you back down.

I find a milder smoke does the trick perfectly and go for either Prince Albert of Carter Hall while wtaching the sun come up - recommended! G&H's Vanilla and Cherry works well for me but as you don't want an aro probably wouldn't be on your menu.

Happy smoking

Gerry

4. CMcF

CMcF Member

I'll break from convention here and say I like a heavier smoke in the evening. I was/am a cigarette smoker so vitamin N doesn't really keep me up. The two that I've really been digging in the evening are Presbyterian Mixture and Squadron Leader.

5. Schmitz Bitz

Schmitz Bitz Member

CMcF and I seem to have pretty similar tastes and nicotine tolerances; I'll second the Presby. before bed, although I've been mixing it up, and smoking a couple of flakes of Tudor Castle instead of an English before I hit the sack.
    Hmm, wonder if thats why I've been waking up at 3am with an unbelievably stong craving for latakia all week...

6. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

DH Night Cap.

7. tylerupchurch

tylerupchurch Member

thanks for all the suggestions! after going threw one of my routine days I like a nice nic hit to calm me down. sounds crazy but I does the trick for me. I think ill go with nightcap. iv heard many good things about it in my search for a late night smoke.

8. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

You might try Peterson's Irish Oak. Just discovered it myself, and I think it makes a wonderful break from my usual English/Balkan evening pipe.

9. r0n54

r0n54 Member

Around bed time I find a nice medium english blend like Westminster or Frog Morton OTT is relaxing enough to put you ease for the evening.

10. tylerupchurch

tylerupchurch Member

i agree frog morton ott is a great night time blend and i like deep hollow as well I am pleased with both of them.

11. Traderbob

Traderbob Member

I like Dunhill's Night Cap and 1888 Late Day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.