1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a nice quality Burley or Burley Blend -- Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by sorringowl, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sorringowl

sorringowl SorringowlandSons.etsy.com

Aug 2, 2010
    Okay guys,
    I might have to step in and keep the peace. Actually, Jes, your persistence might pay off. My dad use to smoke PA and I have always been curious about it but every time I think about Prince Albert, I always think of the old crank call joke (remember crank calls?), "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?"

Well, maybe it's time to get some and "let him out." :groucho:

Thanks again, guys, for all the great suggestions!
  2. Pipedan

Pipedan Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Solani - Aged Burley Flake

Taken from TR
    his blend contains dark brown Burley from Kentucky,
    light Burley from Brazil, and white Burley from Malawi (southeast Africa).
    Will developed a unique toasting process to make the blend slightly sweet.
    It is a natural blend with no additives or flavors.

"It's almost a year later. I'm on my 4th tin of ABF. It's still the best pipe tobacco I've found.
    My edit is mainly to say that, yes, this definitely has some dark, dry, chocolate casing.
    I wouldn't qualify it as an aromatic. But that flavor is present."
  3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Hi All,

I am with Jesla on this one -the Old American Classics should never be overlooked - Carter Hall, Prince Albert and Grainger could be worth a revisit! Sometimes the simplest answer is the best!

Best to all

4. old pipe guy

old pipe guy Member

Jun 9, 2009
    IF your looking for a high quality burley blend try Uhle's blend 00 and their Perfection Plug Burley it doesn't get better than those,also you stated no cavendish but also give Boswell's premiun Burley a try but it does have a bit of cavendish but it's also a great burley blend
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.