1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a particular old Savinelli

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Buckshot, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

I want to see if I can find a certain pipe but I don't remember the name of it. I only remember that it was a Savinelli. Maybe someone here remembers it too.

If I remember correctly, the pipe was featured in an old issue of Pipes & Tobaccos magazine. The issue with Gerald Mcraney on the cover. The cover of the magazine had a picture of Mr. Mcraney smoking the pipe in question and I'm pretty sure there was an article inside about the pipe.

The pipe was two tone colored in light and dark brown and it had an octagon shaped bowl. I think the dark colors were rusticated and the light colors were smooth. It was a relatively short, straight pipe.

I would like to do a search for it and see if I can acquire one but I don't know the name of it.

Can any of you folks help?

Thanks!

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Damn it , yer gonna make me dig out my box of old P&T mags from the barn . I remember that issue , but I'm thinking it was an Aldo Velani .. or it could have been that Sav Octavian or whatever it was called ... it was a nice pipe . If no one gets you an answer by tomorrow , I'll go dig the box outta the barn . Just send me a message to remind me in the morning

3. Hudson

Hudson Member

4. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Member

[​IMG]

This picture? Can't really put my thumb on the pipe though.

Spillproof likes this.
  5. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

You guys are awesome!

Hudson, nope that's not it but thank you.

DeusExMachina, that's the one! I must have been wrong about the two tone color.

ruffinogold, thanks for your help! I will send you a PM to remind you if I don't get an answer or if I don't find it online. I'm gonna try a search for "Savinelli Octavian" and see what comes up.

Thanks again, folks! :banana:

6. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

I always get a kick out of seeing a actor smoking a pipe. I really liked the micheal jordin picture and the arnold pics.
    By the way i loved this guy in the post nuclear series Jericho.

7. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

Well, I haven't found one for sale yet but I did find out that it was the "Year 2000 Pipe" or "Y2K"

Several finishes were available at the time.

[​IMG]

ruffinogold, no need to ransack the barn tomorrow but I certainly do appreciate it. A search for "Savinelli Octavian" turned up some photos of these Y2K's and some from the Octavian series.

Thanks again, guys! Now to see if I can hunt one down.

8. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Member

9. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

Yep, I found those a few minutes ago. They have a couple of the other finishes too but not the exact one that I want. (second from the bottom in my picture above)

I plan to call them tomorrow during business hours and see if they might have that one. In the meantime, I'll sleep on it and decide if I want to snatch one of these up now or wait until I find the finish that I want. Either way, I definitely see one of these in my future.

10. mattia76

mattia76 Member

Keep your eyes open on ebay. I've sold 2 of them here and there, and one was unsmoked. That one went for around 120 and the smoked one I had went for around 80, if I remember right.

11. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

Thanks for the heads up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.