1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for aromatics

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jay22, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scopawl

scopawl Member

I've found that the Captain Black range tends to get a little of a bad reputation round here (funny seeing as how other American OTCs are very heavily supported...) but I'd fully throw my weight behind Cap. Black Royal. It was the first pipe tobacco I ever smoked and I find it both pleasing to smoke and for others to be around. Also, in terms of other black cav based aromatics I've tried, I find it keeps lit well, which is a pretty big factor for me.
    It's pretty hard to find over here in Sweden, but I buy it any time I see it.

2. scopawl

scopawl Member

Oh, and also, there was a thread in the tobacco reviews section which went through a fair number of Sutliff blends. They seem to do a mixture of very favourable aros and some other "match" blends. I see Molto Dolce has been mentioned before, but maybe it's worthwhile checking out some of the other Sutliffs too? They do seem very good value for money!

3. AustinLM

AustinLM Active Member

Maple Street is the only other SPS blend I've tried besides MD, however I do have two more SPS aros. coming in my next order. South Seas, and Bacchanalia. I'll report back after I've popped the lid.

4. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

Bacchanalia is supposedly wine flavored. I dont drink and never have so i cant say....but it did have a nice grape fruity aroma and flavor.

AustinLM likes this.
  5. Rhialto

Rhialto Member

Hi,
    6 months ago started pipesmoking, and same as you learned that i wanted to smoke aromatics.
    Tried loads. Some too fruity, some too heavy.
    But really found mine. A perfect balanced one.
    You should give it try for sure.

Winslow No 1

Quality stuff. Smokes easy, and the smell from the tin is a delight. Every time i open it. Can't get enough of it.
    And the taste never get dull. It actually is the only tobacco i smoke at the moment.

6. Jay22

Jay22 Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I will looking for these to try. I have some Captain Black Royal coming from a member so I try it when it gets here. I also stopped in a Tinder Box today a got some 1oz packs to try. I got Country Apple, Cherry Almond, and Captain Spice. I have smoked one bowl of the cherry almond and I like it a lot. I can't wait to try the others. Oh and I also bought another MM cob.

7. AustinLM

AustinLM Active Member

Is it a GOOD cherry? Or more along the lines of a chemical/cough syrup type cherry?

You have me interested now. :puffy:

8. Jay22

Jay22 Member

It wasn't to strong with cherry but good not really cough syrup tasting which I hate. It was a smooth smoke and didn't bite.

AustinLM likes this.
  9. Jay22

Jay22 Member

The country apple was a nice smoke, real smooth but didn't notice any apple flavor still enjoyed though. The captain spice was also nice, did notice some vanilla flavor. Both of these are very nice to smoke, very smooth smoke and taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.