1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for light and aromatic

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by rcpipe, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcpipe

rcpipe New Member

Coming back to my three old pipes after about 5 yr break.
    Tried 'couple samplers but, not really satisfied. Looking for something light, aromatic, maybe flakes.
    This may be simplistic but feeling lucky. Any suggestions for tin flakes or otherwise?
    Don't be shy on suggestions.
    thanks

2. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

Sutliff Academy is lightly aro with a hint of English to it. I think they have a few other "crossovers" but I'm blanking at the moment.
    Christmas Cookie from Boswell is one of their particularly mild offerings. Also their Premium Burley, a pretty nice burley blend.
    Villiger Mid Day was a decent aro that wasn't too sticky if I recall correctly.
    Uhle's 300 is their Perfection Plug Burley with a light honey topping, pretty good there.
    SG Firedance Flake will get you your aro flake, that is quite popular.

3. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

PS LTF might be worth a go, a very lightly aromatic virginia flake.

Capt and Tony Malerich like this.
  4. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

MacB Scottish Muxture, Burley London Blend, or Golden Extra. Middleton Carter Hall. Sir Walter Raleigh or Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic.

5. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Peterson university has a light berry aroma

6. Morse

Morse Active Member

McBarens vanilla flake might do the trick. +1 on both the Boswells and Firedance Flake suggestions

7. WWhermit

WWhermit Member

+1 on the Firedance Flake. Great tobacco flavor, with a background of blackberries and brandy, and in a flake. Perfect for what you're asking!

8. Pipe Dwarf

Pipe Dwarf New Member

I would go with Dunhill Flake - even the new blend which is as we all know inferior to the old stuff is a good clean light smoke. I sell it often to new pipe smokers and get plenty of positive feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.