1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for non Latakia blends

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by browny, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. browny

browny Member

I've been trying out a few different blends here and there and although we don't have a huge selection here I have found Lat' and I aren't good stable mates.

I seem to prefer mostly aro's of varying levels, Mellow mack, Erinmore mixture and Dr Pat's Irish mixture are just 3 on my list of clear favourites for a while now. If anyone else knows of some great baccy's out there not containing latakia at all I sure would like to hear about it so I can continue with my list of baccy searching.

Cheers everyone and happy bowls to you all...

2. cmkiefer

cmkiefer Member

Sorry to hear you and lat don't get along.

One tobacco I'd strongly recommend is Macbaren's Mixture Scottish Blend. I've really been enjoying this one. To me, it's a mild aromatic with lot's of good tobacco flavor as well. It's relatively easy to get and not as expensive as some ($28 for a 16 oz bag at P & C).

Stormy likes this.
  3. gahdzila

gahdzila Member

Dunhill Royal Yacht. Satisfies on all levels. It's a Virginia, with enough topping (black currant) to almost be considered an aromatic, but not quite. And it has a decent sized dose of nicotine.

4. Bent

Bent Member

MacBaren makes some great aromatics, from mildly aromatic to super sweet aromatics.
    Another brand to check out is Peter Stokkebye, they have a great variety, the prices are competitive, and quality is usually good.

5. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

+1 on Peter Stokkebye

6. MainePipe

MainePipe Member

Scotty's Butternut Burley from P&C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.