1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Greatwall, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greatwall

Greatwall Member

I am looking for a solid pipe for around $50. It does not have to be fancy, function over form in this case. Money is a bit tight but I love the Peterson Shannon #05 Fishtail and I have a Peterson Donegal Rocky XL02 that is my favorite but I don't want to wear it out or damage it by smoking it too much. I am not real fond of the straight pipes, the full bent are the most comfortable. Unless someone wants to send me a one, :beck:, then I need to find one I will want to smoke regularly.

2. conroygc

conroygc Member

Maybe an Italian briar like a Savenelli or a Cortina? I've seen some small Nordings in the $50 range.

3. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Tsuge Pipes. Smoking pipes.com

4. Greatwall

Greatwall Member

Good suggestion. There is some good looking pipes in my price range in there.

5. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for human

Don't worry about wearing out your Pete. Your great great grandchildren will be smoking it. Get yourself two cobs and just let the Peterson rest every other day if the budget doesn't allow a pricy pipe right now.

Artful Dodger likes this.
  6. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger Member

Don't overlook Kaywoodies and Grabows; for the price they are a good pipe (I have two Grabows that I smoke the sh@t out of, and they never disappoint).

7. krusty

krusty Active Member

Damn. The $50 and $60 Tsuges look pretty sweet for the pricing!

Stonewall likes this.
  8. physiognomy

physiognomy Member

I would check Ebay if you are open to picking up an estate pipe. I started my collection by buying several clean estates (smoked & unsmoked) under $40 & still use them today. I think there are hundreds of options under $50... E.g. Unmoked Kaywoodie - http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-GRAIN...467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d5034fe3

I own three Tsuge kaga brandies & have found them to be great smokers. Just as a heads up, they are smaller pipes & might not suit everyone. Check their dimensions to be sure...

9. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Blakemar Aristocrat would do you well and including shipping you'd still be left with change to buy more essential tobacco.

Hawkwood likes this.
  10. Goat

Goat Active Member

pipesandcigars.com has a section of pipes under $60.00 Whole bunch to choose from. Great company good good customer service. I order from them all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.