1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to add a few cobs to the collection!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Jomodeere, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jomodeere

Jomodeere Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Hey everyone,

I don't have any cobs in my collection as of now and so before I start my savings plan next week I want to order a few! Not like 5 or 8 of them, maybe like 2 or 3 tops. I used to have a Washington and it was a great smoker until it cracked! It will also be cheaper for me to order off the web instead of paying 8 each here!

I'm not looking to spend more than about 20 to 25 dollars.

Thanks for all the help,

2. Aureliano

Aureliano Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Eaton, Missouri Pride, and Great Dane Bent Egg from MarsCigars = 10.40 plus shipping. For about fifteen bucks, you could outfit yourself nicely. That's what I'd do.

Otherwise, buy four prides ($10.00) , and see which ones turn out to be the best smokers. Put the top performers into regular rotation and stow away the duds for a rainy day. One thing about MM is that you see a fair amount of variation from pipe to pipe.
  3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Hi All,

You still can't go wrong with a corncob inho - cheap but great smokers. Like them so much I gave away my meers but kept the cobs. My favourites are the Diplomats with their hardwood bottom - best in bent because of their weight - cool smoking good looking cobs that just seem to get better over time.

Nothing against Legends either - own enough of them!

MM's good to deal with direct and I can fault neither their service nor their prices,

Happy Smoking

4. Beale

Beale Active Member

Apr 2, 2011
    MMCG, MMSpool, Legend, Diplomat? I love my cobs! Beale.
  5. idiotbox37

idiotbox37 Member

Mar 20, 2011
    i have a washington, country gent and a ozark. all great smokes for the price. mine tend to smoke hot so take it slow and enjoy :)
  6. Marc

Marc Active Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Mike Rutt at Mars Cigars has the best price on cobs on the internet and $6.95 flat rate shipping to anywhere in the USA. Highly recommend!
  7. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

May 6, 2010
    I like the natural's so I'd order Prides and Diplomats. Diplomats are available from the factory in natural. I'd also order some straight "Danish" stems at 25 cents each. You can bend them to suit. After bending several stems, I discovered I like the straight's the best. The Prides with a "nose warmer" Forever stem is a great clincher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.