1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Loose lips :-(

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Shootinok, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shootinok

Shootinok Member

We had a beautiful evening in OK last night. No ominous super cell clouds threatening to blow our houses away. So the nieghbor pulled a card table out on his driveway and we had us a Poker game!
    After loosing count of the number of beers consumed, I guess the jaw muscles get lazy...

The beautiful Aldo V. that had been clenched in my lip, dropped to the concrete drive below my chair.
    With a flash of embers and bits spilling out and lighting up the area beside me, my heart skipped a beat. I gasped in disbelief and reached down to find my previously unscathed beauty. It didn't break, but now has a pretty good case of road rash. Sad....:-(
    Next time bring the rusticated Grabow dang it!

bubbagump, pacificflows and Mington like this.
  2. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

If this is the first time this has happened to you, you are one lucky puffer.

rondel65, bubbagump and Basil Meadows like this.
  3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Good thing it wasn't
    a clay or meer. :shock:

4. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Happens to everybody, sooner or later.
    Sucks though.

5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

I sent my dad's Preben Holm Ben Wade flying across the room while buffing it once. Man I was pissed. I feel your pain Shootinok.

Shootinok likes this.
  6. Moose

Moose Active Member

I second this. Happens to me all the time from where I'm trying to keep from damaging the mouth piece and ooops ! (Use your own curse words here)

7. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I saw someone drop their brand new, unsmoked 2013 PSF POY on a concrete garage floor. We both about :poop: ourselves. fortunately the pipe was unscathed. I was very apprehensive to pick mine up for a couple days though. I imagine it's only a matter of time before I break one good.

8. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Yup, I put a few character marks in one of my favorites once. It's like your new car getting it's first door ding. It makes you feel sick and bummed but sooner or later you know it will happen. Post a pic?

9. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

If it's not too major, you might be surprised what an improvement you can make by steaming the dings a little. I dropped one, and nicked it pretty good, and just put a damp rag over the damaged area, and touched it lightly with a soldering iron. It didn't return to perfect, but it sure got a lot better!

Stonewall likes this.
  10. Springer

Springer Member

:( Ok, call it personality, or whatever. But it still sucks pondwater.

11. KN092011

KN092011 Member

I feel your pain. I was working on my fence earlier with my POY hanging out of my mouth; turned too fast and rammed the bowl into the brick wall! My heart stopped for the next minute while I checked it over. Fortunately, no dings or dents, but a few surface scratches. Nothing a little buffing couldn't undo though, if I ever learn how to do that.

12. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I bet it still smokes good.

13. Explorer352

Explorer352 Active Member

Sorry for your misfortune, and the minor hijack... You're an okie? I'm in Okc/Yukon. You?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.