Lord of the Rings Fans

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by guitarist7242, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZuluSafari

ZuluSafari Member

I don't know -- 50g is about 1.75oz. I have spent $15 to $20.00 before, sampling some well recommended tobacco tins, so $10.00 for a 1-2 oz sample pack of several normally bulk produced tobaccos doesn't sound terrible or a cheat. Like anything, samples require smaller packaging and more labor, so the cost goes up. Why does a 2 oz. pouch of PA go for $7.50, but I can get a whole 14oz tub for about $25? The advantage for folks is they can order the sampler pack, see what they like in the series, and order more. If they had to buy 2oz or more of each blend, it would cost significantly more and they may have quite a bit of tobacco they don't care for. Unless of course they live in Iowa, where JFH doesn't ship. :thumbsd:

2. grga

grga Member

$10.00 for 2oz IS cheating if you can buy 5oz of same thing (1oz is $3.25) for $16.25

3. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Just tried the Longbottom Leaf. Not a bad toby. I dont know if I would specifically seek it out again but certainly not a bad smoke. Looking forward to the other samples in the pack and will let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.