Lost and found!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Tony Malerich, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

So this past summer I was back in Minnesota visiting friends and family as well as, of course, my favorite B&M from when I lived there - The Golden Leaf. Right about that time, the Newminster line was just hitting the shelves, and I was very curious about the Blackberry Brandy blend based off some pre-release reviews at SP.com. I got an ounce, maybe two, along with a few others. The BB was pretty tasty, but a bit much for me, and definitely quite goopy. I figured I'd try again a bit later and, most likely, pass it off to a friend.

Fast forward a few months, I was all ready to offer it to somebody here on the forum when I couldn't find it! I poked and prodded and dug, but it did not turn up. I thought maybe I had given it to my brother or something and had just forgotten. Ah well, not a big loss.

Fast forward to now and it is, suffice to say, chilly out! I wanted some wool socks for lounging around the house this morning. Found one of a pair... where's the other? I poked and prodded and dug and... what's this under the bed... a baggie? Oh my goodness, it's the Blackberry Brandy! And now, having spent about 8 months hiding under my bed it's at a much more smokeable moisture level. I guess I'll give it another shot. Go figure. :D

2. Longshanks

Longshanks He who shall; so shall he... wait, who?

Funny how it all works out.

3. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Jackpot! It's like finding money in your shirt pocket after it's been washed.

4. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

You're a lucky guy...
    I got 12 single socks right now. I keep them, maybe someday the missing ones are showing up again. I think I have to look harder.
    Maybe I'll find 12 bags of tobacco!
    :ohyh:

Beefcube, PipeWife and Tony Malerich like this.
  5. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

You could use them as poor man pipe sleeves. :haha:

Tony Malerich and PipeSimmo like this.
  6. Labman

Labman Member

That's awesome! I wonder how the tobacco got under the bed? :msty:

7. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Or the pipe tamper tool that was handed down to you by your father, which you thought you lost months ago (depressing). Turns out it was riding in the watch pocket of those Levis that I only seem to wear when the weather starts to get cold. EUREKA!!!!

8. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

I never look under the bed....

Beefcube likes this.
  9. JRobert

JRobert Hermit Forum Guide

Good advice. That's where the monsters live. At least, that's what I've been told. I don't know for sure. I won't look under the bed, because, you know, that's where the monsters live. And they probably already smoked any tobacco I lost in there.

SmokeyJoe and StubrnDutchman like this.
  10. Malcontent

Malcontent Active Member

Just don't try to smoke the socks:eek:

11. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I won't, even though a very interesting smell of aged Perique comes from them .... and there is another undertone, I can't say what that is ...

Malcontent likes this.
  12. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Not terribly so (though I love that ghost icon!). The bookcase that has my pipes and "in rotation" tobacco stash is about three feet from the foot of my bed which I often sit on while sorting through the jar of sample baggies. It would be a simple matter of dropping it or it sliding off the bed after being set down, then getting bumped under somehow.

Labman likes this.
  13. Labman

Labman Member

Ah, that explains it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.