1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost cause pipe?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by adpipes, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi,

Here's my pipe reaming tool - the knife is a French made "Opinel" locking clasp knife bought circa 1966 as a fishing knife, end ground round to fit a pipe bowl by a plant engineer in 1968 and still going strong - it fits pipe bowls superbly, possibly because I take it with me when I buy a pipe!

Best

Gerry

2. Burner

Burner Member

As I lack patience and craftmanship I find the dremel sanding drums good for removing cake.

3. BigFlatBrook

BigFlatBrook Member

One other hint I don't see see so far is to try to soften up a hard cake with a little with alcohol before working on it -- Everclear, high proof rum or vodka.

4. adpipes

adpipes Member

I have to give t-bear a big, heartfelt thank you. My grandfather always said "You need the right tool for the job" and this is the right tool. In about 2 minutes I accomplished what I was failing at for a week. The cake is gone and it's nice and clean. I can't wait to smoke it. Thank you again t-bear. :goodjob:

5. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

My pleasure. Use it in good health............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.